First time trying H&S - dry flavouring stuck inside pasta tubes

Am i the only one with this problem? It makes pasta crunchy and too salty and not pleasant at all when i get to that unhydrated chunk of flavouring inside. Why is huel using this pasta type anyway? I guess there are some other types that would eliminate this problem. Am i possibly doing something wrong? Is this problem solvable? :smile: (i have chicken & mushroom)

Hi. I’ve found out that with pasta the best method by far is the microwave, for all others all you have to do is find the sweet spot of water quantity and time.

But the pasta ones always ended crunchy no matter how many time or water used. So I always prepare the pasta in the microwave… If anyone here have a pro tip will be welcome!

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever had a problem with crunchy pasta or powder not dissolving is if I’ve been impatient and not leaving it long enough or not stirring enough. In my opinion stirring is the key. I use boiling water from the kettle and stir the pasta a lot, making sure there are no lumps. Then I stir again after 5 minutes and again after 10. Leave it a good 10 or 15 minutes before eating.

I did use boiling water and stirred a lot and left it for quite a while (plus then microwaved for a bit) and the pasta was crunchy not due to it being uncooked, but due to the flavouring stuck in that little hole to which the water had no access. Maybe i should use more water so that overall consistency would be more liquidy and would have better luck washing the powder out of the holes before it gets cemented from the both sides :thinking:

Yes, that sounds like a good solution. It’s a fine balance between too much water and not enough but maybe a bit more would help.

1 Like

I’ve never had any issues with any of the pasta dishes and I’ve tried them all apart from the Bolognese.

I use an insulated food flask however and it keeps it warmer for longer. So that’s my tip of the day. Get one of dem bad boys.

1 Like

I’ve only tried the Mac & Cheeze pasta (and I need to sieve the tomato pieces out and re-mix pasta tubes and powder) but I think part of the key might be to give the pasta in the bowl a good stir and knock before adding boiling water; then stir it well making sure it is lump-free.

I add turmeric (open a 400mg capsule into my bowl) as it is a good joint pain reliever; and other supplements as necessary.

Once well stirred, I cover and let it rest. After it has sat at least 5 minutes, I stir it well again and then put in microwave for 1 - 2 minutes until bubbles up a bit. stir it again and double check properly mixed.

Sometimes I just let it sit until I am ready to eat and then microwave to re-heat and mix properly. I find it digests well, despite having a stoma, and doesn’t produce a lot of wind in my collection bag. :clown_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.