How sustainable is Huel, really?

I recently posted on this topic asking Huel to provide even a rough explanation to where is the base ingredients country of origin. They were evasive (edit: not intentionally so, merely in an unsatisfactory way) in answer simply stating they get it from different suppliers and so don’t have the information, which i assume could be easily acquired (not like its uncommon for food brands to post where its from). In my opinion Huel cannot provide a detailed analysis of their environmental impact. However they can easily make some gestures to show that their commitment to a sustainable is more than marketing and just the nature of their product. So how about a statement saying they will try to source base ingredients from within the UK where possible? So at least we know our sunflower seeds aren’t being flown over from Australia on however many liters of kerosene? I haven’t seen anything conclusive from them yet to suggest they want to commit to sustainability, and I agree a price increase in trade for certificates is a bad idea. Still you can guarantee us that the base ingredients which can be cheaply grown in the UK are grown here.

1 Like