Huel and pcos

Well to say I was sceptical about starting huel due to many failures I’ve had in the past due to my pcos is an understatement.

I have been using huel for about 2months now, maybe more and I can safely say I have never felt better! The glutenfree version has really helped with my energy levels and moods…let alone the toilet habits! (I’ve always suffered in that department). The bloating has ni-on gone and I have actually lost abit of weight now as well :-). My mum has even gone onto it due to seeing my progress and she’s even seeing progress in herself because of it.

So I thank you huel, since I’ve started taking you, I’ve never felt healthier.

7 Likes

Hey, great experience! :slight_smile: May I ask you a question about your first days? I’m starting the journey and feeling some adjustment problems, like others. Since after 2 months you are so happy, how were your first days? And how much Huel did u use at first?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Heya, my first few days it did make me feel abit odd, but my body quickly adjusted to it. At first I was having two scoops twice a day for the first week, and then I upped it to three scoops twice a day which did help alot. It depends on your personal preference really, as I do 600ml water 2 scoops and use the chocolate powder and that seems to be helping me alot. It’s all about the consistency you want, whether you want a thick one or thin one. You might suffer from abit of constipation as your body adjusts, but it will soon go and your energy will rise :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s encouraging! I love Huel already and I really want it to be a part of my diet. :slight_smile:
I started with full 3 scoops, and I did a dinner and a lunch consecutively. Probably it was too much for my tummy. :sweat_smile: Now I’m trying with 2 scoops a day for a week as an integration to usual meals, see how it goes and then step up. :slight_smile:

My mum does 2 scoops with a banana and 500ml of water. She loves the consistency and does two of them a day and a dinner in the evening, she says she’s felt better for it and that it fills her up. There’s different recipes you can try, it’s all on this forum. Just try different stuff really, it all depends on what you like.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I like experimenting! :slight_smile:

I couldn’t be more relieved that you are finding Huel help your complicated medical condition. We don’t really talk about Huel much in this way, but it’s amazing when we hear stories like this. Keep it up and keep us posted on your progress!

1 Like

I speak the truth, it’s actually so relieving that I’ve finally found something that helps combat my symptoms, alot more than most other healthy diets I’ve tried to no avail, I’ve even got my mum on it and she’s loving it! It’s amazing but my God is it giving me wind! All the fiber…my bodies loving it! :joy:

@Emily90 Do you have any update on Your Huel’ing for PCOS? :smiley:

Hey Rachel!

So sorry for delayed reply, I forgot my password! Lol.

Yes I do have updates, my symptoms go down a hell of alot, my IBS calms right down and my energy levels seem to level out as well, as long as I stick to my two shakes a day with a healthy meal in the evening. Which I’m not going to lie, is very hard lol.

Hope this helps x