Huel Black & Type 2 Diabetes

I am Type 2 Diabetic and want to replace my breakfast and lunch with Huel Black Edition. Is this too much protein for a female? Also does Black Edition come in powder form?

A lot will also depend on interactions with the medication you are taking, so you should check that with your doctor. Yes – BE is in powder or ready to drink.

Thank you Phil, I am taking 1 Metformin twice a day. I have looked at a lot of articles and it seems that I will be fine, just wanted to check with the experts :slightly_smiling_face:

I take 500mg daily (used to take double but got dosage reduced over time) of Metformin (Glucophage) and have had no issues with using BE but as to your question on protein intake – can’t really advise on that as it’s subject to a lot of individual variables.

Thank you, will see how I get on, hoping for positive results.

It’s worth a try… If you decide to go for it, test often and keep notes.

I have 500 calories’ worth of Black edition powder three times a day (with 2g metformin and 320mg gliclazide) and a few hundred calories’ worth of plate food. I live alone, so there’s no messing about accommodating someone else’s dietary requirement. My a1c has been below thirty, but is more usually in the low to mid thirties, which of course keeps Nurse Diabetty happy.

2 Likes

Wanted to add that generally speaking you want to get at least 0.8g of protein per kg bodyweight, however this a minimum. Protein needs vary depending on a variety of factors like age, weight, certain disease states, and activity level. Those who are more active will require anywhere from 1.2-1.6g of protein per kg body weight.

1 Like