Huel hot and savoury Carbonara

I’m glad it was more enjoyable the second time around! but understandably We all have our favourite flavours, and you never know it might grow on you to become your #1

Nah, the only way it will grow on me is like a tumour.

firm but fair :joy:

First thing first, if I’d tell my nonna this is Carbonara she’ll slap me in less than a second! That’s called Pasta Bianca, but I understand that outside Italy the real Carbonara remains a mystery for most of the people…

Now, having in mind that this isn’t a Carbonara but a vegan pasta bianca, I’ve ordered and had high expectations of it, as this is one of my daughter favourite things in the world. And I gotta say that is amazing! The vegan bacon do taste and feel as real smoked bacon, the texture of the gravy somehow feels like the panna and taste wise is great. A new number 1 for me! Great work! :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of this new flavour, sadly. I will finish the bag, as I hate food waste, but I won’t be ordering again. I have no idea what a “real” carbonara would taste like, but I truly hope it’s nothing like this. I’m not the best judge as I never liked any meat, especially hated all pork products, so maybe that’s why this flavour goes straight to the bottom of the hot and savoury ranking for me. At this point the only one I actually enjoy is chicken and mushroom, but I think covid broke my taste buds, as there are very few foods I enjoy these days.

I’m sorry to hear that @Wendy_Shepherd, of course, everyone has their personal favourites although @leejonesjnr would argue that’s all flavours for myself!

But if Carbonara isn’t for you hopefully you’ll find another flavour better suited to you in the range, if it’s really a struggle for you and you can’t get through it then I would suggest contacting team@huel.com to see if there is anything they can do to help.

A new flavour. Huel you are doing amazingly! Keep up the good work.
A lot of development still needs to happen with this one.
The spaghetti is a great idea and doesn’t get clogged by powder

Bacon - spongy and squeeky and very fake tasting
Flavour - an overly “fake carbonara” flavour that is a bit overpowering
Spaghetti - you need to tweak the ratio of pasta to sauce

You did incredible wonders with the Mac n Cheeze v.2.0, so I have no doubt you’ll do well here.

I would suggest:

1. make the “Fackon” material denser
  2. try a real carbonara (no cream!!) and align the flavour profile. Use the lessons learned with Mac n Cheeze “cheesy-ness”
  3. more pasta, maybe an extra 50% longer

Keep up the good work.

PS: Cajun Pasta is, and will always be the best go-to flavour. Don’t change that at all!

If anyone considers customer opinion before changing a product please do not do any of the above, as far as I can tell from posts here, overwhelmingly the M&C change has not been popular. The carbonara is fine as is.

1 Like

It’s horrible, and needs changing ASAP.

I wasn’t hugely impressed either.

Welcome to the forum @caiusfreeman and thank you for the feedback, I’m sorry you didn’t 100% enjoy carbonara as it is, I’ll make sure to pass this across to our product team.

Thanks, Charlotte!

Like I said, you are almost there and you’ve all shown great development in your historical products to “tweak” the end result.

As always, a big fan of your products.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.