Hey Huel. Yeah you... about that Spaghetti Carbonara

I have only recently tried Huel Spaghetti Carbonara, and I’ve got to tell you: Please don’t change this, ever. I know you like to tweak things around and try new things, but this one’s already there. No need to adjust.

There probably is already a version 2.0 somewhere in the lab, but just pull the brake on that one and let this one stay as it is. Nothing is forever, except this.

Okay? Call me?

:heart:

4 Likes

100%. Please don’t let Spaghetti Carbonara go the way of what happened to Mac & Cheeze.

1 Like

As someone who has been profoundly underwhelmed by the current mac and cheese, but never tried the previous version - what happened?

They reformulated it. The pasta became better - less crunchy and cooked more evenly but the cheesy sauce became worse/less cheesy and overall a lot of people including myself didn’t like it as much.

Having said that I have now adjusted to it and really like it. Can’t speak for others.

2 Likes

Similar to what John said above. Essentially, the new M&C has so much less sauce, flavour and cheesiness, and way more macaroni. Complete u-turn IMO. However, if they simply added more powder and reduced the macaroni a bit, think it could be about 80% as good as the original.

If you shake the bag of the new M&C upside down like a madman, then ensure you scoop out a lot more powder than you usually would, I feel it tastes better, though still not as good as original so I’m never buying it again.

The only negative I have with the Carbonara is it smells like rotten eggs after adding water :joy: but once ‘cooked’, smells and tastes delicious. I can live with that.

2 Likes

That’s music to our ears, it’s very tasty, isn’t it! :heart:

I tried the Carbonara today, but really disliked it. I’ve now given it away to a friend.

If I remember right, I think the bacon tastes too much like bacon. I don’t like bacon :frowning:

According to reddit the creaminess can be increased by adding nutritional yeast. It seems to work for customers who order the hot meals, but as I don’t buy it I haven’t tried it.