Huel is sponsored by Psuedoscience

After one of your Facebook page admins told me that global warming is on the rise, I decided to prove him wrong, and he blocked me from the page.

So your going to keep blocking everyone who is against psuedoscience? WHat gives?

Iā€™ve found empty Huel bags make excellent tin foil hats if you donā€™t have a roll of tin foil to hand. While wearing one Iā€™ve found I havenā€™t been subject to radio mind control from beings terrestial or otherwise

17 Likes

Well Gerald, thank you for your intelligent response! So what your saying is, you would rather look clever and cool instead of answering my question because you know there is a possibility that Iā€™m right?

If you want to ignore science and prefer to look cool then thats up to you I guess. Its funny how folk like yourselves make out that someone is wrong but yet dont have the balls or decency to prove it, and like to take the easy option and go for the poor sarcastic approach.

Ok, where to beginā€¦

FIrst, letā€™s see your proof global warming isnā€™t real, along with the exact post you put on the facebook page.

Secondly, even assuming global warming is a huge hoax based on pseudoscience, that doesnā€™t really mean Huel is sponsored by pseudoscience does it? That kind of ridiculous jump just weakens your already weak argument and makes you look like a conspiracy theorist with an agenda. The formula of Huel is nothing to do with global warming, so even if the admin was subscribing to pseudoscience as you claim, that has no bearing on the product or company.

My question is how the matter of global warming even came up on a facebook page about a meal replacement productā€¦

Oh also, I hate to do this but *youā€™re.

8 Likes

Itā€™s now called climate change.

No one is forced to eat Huel by the climate change lobby. The only way that I can see Huel as even taking a stance on climate change is their claim that Huel has a lower impact on the environment. Well by getting protein from plants and reducing packaging it does.

What with the polar caps melting and sea levels rising, as I live in an area that could well be under water in 50 years, Iā€™m happy to say that empty Huel bags could also double as flotation devices.

4 Likes

After one of your Facebook page admins told me that global warming is on the rise, I decided to prove him wrong, and he blocked me from the page.

So your going to keep blocking everyone who is against psuedoscience? WHat gives?

Soā€¦ a social media admin does something you disagree with and suddenly the product is ps_eu_doscience? Thatā€™s quite a jump. Are we being a tad over-sensitive, perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only way that I can see Huel as even taking a stance on climate change is their claim that Huel has a lower impact on the environment. Well by getting protein from plants and reducing packaging it does.

Actually, the packaging thing is really significant. I hadnā€™t realised just how much packaging waste I was responsible for before I started using Huel. My bins arenā€™t anything like as full as they used to be. It wasnā€™t a primary consideration for me when making the decision to go 100% Huel, but itā€™s quite a revelationā€¦

3 Likes

As has been previously mentioned, livestock is responsible for a significant portion of greenhouse gases. Huel is vegan, so the conversation was probably about how Huel is part of the solution to that problem.

3 Likes

This is hilariousā€¦

3 Likes

First of all, I guess itā€™s obvious that the guy is simply a troll, and I do respect everyoneā€™s attempt to try and provide information to combat him or her, but I think all these efforts are all for naught.

Secondly, Iā€™m going to leave a link to a great podcast with Dr. Rhonda Patrick, PhD (sheā€™s doing a lot of research against ageing and so much more) and Rich Roll, a vegan endure athlete that is the first person to complete the EPIC5 challenge (google this, itā€™s horribly, horribly hard). So the link is: https://youtu.be/i8ORtH7IxFc?t=42m27s

This is at the point where he goes on to talk not only about the benefits of his vegan diet (and make no mistake, heā€™s not trying to convince people to follow his diet, heā€™s just stating the benefits he got from switching to this diet), but also the impact on the environment, including the global warming that our little troll was talking about.

I am sure there are some people that would love to see the full podcast, and I can assure you that youā€™ll be amazed the great content, but even listening for 10-15 minutes following the breakpoint that I set in the link itā€™s tremendous to realise the impact of a vegan diet on the environment.

I am well aware of the fact the troll is not going to buy into this, but this is for the rest of you. Enjoy!

EDIT: In their discussion, Rhonda mentions about http://www.richroll.com/blog/10-reasons-to-consider-a-plant-based-diet/ which I think itā€™s an quick preview before diving into the podcast.

1 Like

Itā€™s very difficult not to respond to trolls. When someone says something that seems daft or incorrect, itā€™s just human nature to want to correct them. Even if you know they are probably just trying to wind you up, itā€™s very difficult to just let a falsehood go unchallenged. Not impossible, just difficult, like trying not to scratch an itch.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know Donald Trump joined the forumā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

Topical, I like it! :grin:

1 Like

No. Tropical*, Like our climate is going :wink::joy:

Sorry couldnā€™t resistā€¦

1 Like

Maybe the solution is to put all the cows on the International Space Station? No, wait, hang on, I havenā€™t really thought this through properlyā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s udderly ridiculousā€¦

6 Likes

No sorry, not carbon neutral going to the ā€˜mooo-nā€™ Haha

3 Likes

Careful, the troll might think weā€™re milking itā€¦

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œStole_My_Sweetroll, post:17, topic:6132, full:trueā€]Careful, the troll might think weā€™re milking itā€¦
[/quote]

How dairy think that!

4 Likes

Solar powered spaceships? Plenty of sun out in space.

I know right, I bet heā€™ll get right cheesed off

3 Likes