Huel RTD vs BLT Sandwich

A new article is live comparing Huel Ready-to-drink to a BLT sandwich.

You can check it out here: https://uk.huel.com/pages/huel-ready-to-drink-vs-the-blt-sandwich

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out whether this is some kind of April the first thing… :slight_smile:

I’m keeping quiet :speak_no_evil:

Okay, poor timing. It’s not an April Fools and it’s also now past 12pm, so you know I’m being honest.

2 Likes

Some free feedback for you @Dan_Huel

Per serving Ready-to-drink BLT sandwich
Energy (kcal) 400 423
Fat (g) 18.6 17.1

Huel is higher in fat but your section on fat doesn’t explicitly call this out - I’m just wondering if this is one area where a BLT is better? Or is it something to do with me not understanding the following:

Ready-to-drink has a good ratio of omega-6:omega-3 fatty acids (2:1) while a BLT does not.

What does this mean / why is it important?

while a BLT does not. [citation needed]

just kidding :wink:

Finally:

For example, [a BLT] will only provide around 1% of the Recommended Intake (RI) for vitamin A and calcium while Ready-to-drink will give you 23% and 33% respectively.

This is the good stuff! Even if all the other stats were equal, nothing gives you complete nutrition quite like Huel.

I guess the bit that’s really missing is all the stuff you can’t really back up with facts and figures - the convenience of Huel, the increased energy and decreased appetite, the “healthy” feeling people get from Huel, the satisfaction you get from knowing you’re eating well and controlling calories with very little effort etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Ryan.

I didn’t explicitly call out fat because there is a lot of debate around fat and I could have written a whole article on this.

Oh wait! We have written an article on fat: https://uk.huel.com/pages/good-fats-bad-fats

All the phrases that are in blue in the article (like omega-6:omega-3 fatty acids) link to other articles on the website to provide more information on those particular topics.

This was a bit of a shorter article made accessible to everyone.

To summarise (as best I can) it’s less about the amount of fat and more about the type of fat. Most companies also will not list the polyunsaturated fat content, which Huel is high in, so it wasn’t possible to fully compare the fats. Generally, a standard Western diet will have an omega-6:omega-3 ratio of 5+:1, the higher the ratio the stronger the link to inflammation and such diseases e.g. CVD.

You got it! It varies from person-to-person to why they choose Huel for reasons other than nutrition but convenience is a hard one to beat.

5 Likes