Huel on This Morning, Feb 6th

Huel taste testing on ITV, This Morning

I’m slightly annoyed at the lack of distinction between the diet shakes, protein powders and true meal replacements like Huel and Soylent.
And £55 for 300g protein powder is ridiculous.

4 Likes

You learn not to expect too much from ITV’s breakfast and This Morning shows. I wondered why my parents never let me watch ITV as a kid (we wozn’t even posh). Interesting link though, so thanks for that.

3 Likes

It was rushed to the point it wasnt really worth doing. What a waste of everyones time. Plus no mention of sustainability. My boss at work saw it and asked me about it this morning. The way they pitched it, it looks like these foods are for people who cant be bothered to cook. End of. Now my boss thinks im a lazy b*tch. Great.

5 Likes

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. :rofl:

3 Likes

No matter. Huel’s popularity speaks for itself despite the brainless ‘reviews’.

4 Likes

Aaahhhhh. Thank you, Bee. A voice of reason, calm and sanity to temper my angry Friday mood! :kissing:

4 Likes

Sanity? Oooh, thank you! :crazy_face::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

" ‘Huel’ comes from the sound you make at the gym " :rofl::rofl::rofl:

“Doesn’t claim to be healthy - they sell themselves as a convenience food”… ???

I also thought it was rubbish how they lumped Huel and Soylent together and didnt tell us which one they were tasting. Although considering it was brown, I assume it was Soylent, as the RTD only comes in white and pink…

4 Likes

That was terrible. I nearly punched the screen!!

1 Like

As a ‘scientist’ I dislike the mention of ‘science’. That alone told me there was some bias in this report. And yes clearly there was no theme connecting the products apart from them being liquid based.

1 Like