Huel v1.2 available

Interesting notification nonetheless. And yes, ofc I want more 1.2. 50kg is all well and good until I run out.

Seconded for the permanant v1.2 please or 2.1 without the thickener @TimOfficeHuel. There is an obvious market for it still as can be seen by the continuing sale of 360 bags a month, a small amount by overall sales but nontheless better 360 sales then none at all.

1 Like

Just want to nip this one in the bud straight away. v1.2 will not ever be a permanent fixture on the website. We have made some overwhelmingly positive changes to get us to v2.1 and we are very proud of this formula. I believe that v1.2 is selling so well, partly because of people wanting 1.2 but mainly because it is significantly cheaper than v2.1 due to it being an old formula.

1 Like

You know very well that weā€™re not asking for 1.2 literally. Weā€™re asking for a 1.2 equivalent gum blend. Everything else youā€™re doing, I trust. Thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m bulk buying this stuff in utter panic, and why Iā€™ve gone through testing Nano, Joylent, Pulve and Ambronite so far in my search for a palatable alternative. Looking at moving on to Bertrand, Nutberg, Queal, Mana, Ketogenesis and others. So far with no positive outcome. Youā€™re it.

1 Like

You are absolutely :ok_hand:

I did not know that was what you were implying. Sorry!

Clearly I havenā€™t been loud enough the last couple of months :smiley:

Ah well, Julian is aware. Heā€™s been taking the brunt of my antagony. My 700+ pound purchase of 40 bags, probably more tomorrow, has not been a purchase of convenience or preference in recipe. Just canā€™t stand the thickness, and am doing this in desperate panic. At least Iā€™ll have enough over the winter.

3 Likes

Ask the people who bought this, then, for their exact reason. From the top I can see sp00ky, Jay, MadMatt, Markh and HuelZero mentioning consistency or texture. Price has not come up in this thread.

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, I would buy six months worth of the 1.2 gum blend at a shot, if it was available. Subscription preferable due to the nature of the risks involved in bulk purchasing, ofc. The price has been a bonus, but was not the main concern in my buying four months worth. Iā€™ve already bought full price for almost a year without hesitation.

2 Likes

Hi @TimOfficeHuel,
I would have to agree with @gen on this one, Iā€™m not bulk buying due to the price but due to the consistencey only. Iā€™m in no way pushing for the continued availabilty of 1.2, far from it, I would much rather be non stock piling version 2.1U/U on subscription then continue to spend Ā£700 on 40 bags of 1.2,which I have recentley purchased, if there was no addition of the gum arabic. Nobody has yet cited my enquiry on the other thread which I contibuted too where I asked if a limited run could be made of thin 2.1U/U if there was a demonstrable demand for such a product which I really believe would be the case if people were asked. Kind regards. Mark.

5 Likes

I dont think it is selling because it is cheaper at all.

It is selling because it is better!

The fortunate people with extra money are buying this because they can buy in bulk, people arent spending 700 odd because its cheaper. I dont even know how much I have bought, I seem to just buy some when I come here and see nothing positive on the horizon regarding your new version.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not buying V1.2 because itā€™s cheaper, when I ordered from the reserve stock I had no idea it was cheaper, I just had to buy some before it ran out. For me itā€™s a choice between V1.2 which I can drink and enjoy or V2 which I canā€™t (well I can but hating every mouthful). It doesnā€™t matter how much improved the formula may be, if I canā€™t drink it then it doesnā€™t do me much good.

4 Likes

Yes ā€¦ it will be a sad day when all my V1.2 reaches its use by date.

Wanna re-visit that one?

Now a moot point, unfortunately (it wasnā€™t just the cost). The v1.2 page is gone.

I hope Huel reconsiders making different versions, thick vs natural (or some other wording).

I must have swooped the last box!?

Iā€™ve enough to last until next July now but once itā€™s gone I will be too unless a more palatable(thinner) version is made available. I still have had no reply from either @TimOfficeHuel or @Julian with regards limited runs of 2.1 with no thickener added. All of the 1.2 pouches have now been sold I see so how about an email to all those that have been buying the old stock whether they would like to continue with the old consistencey but with the added bonus of the changes in the 2.1 version. Surely that would confirm that there is still a market out there for such an item. Please donā€™t say that was what the poll was for because unless you target specific buyers you wonā€™t get a specific answer.

Sorry, the answer to your question was in my original response before you asked the question.

I referred to v1.2 but in the context of the conversation, I just meant a thinner version of Huel Unflavoured. We want to avoid making continuous iterations - we currently sell 4 versions of Huel and thus 4 additional samples - creating a Huel Thin would then lead to another 4 Huel products.

Emailing all the v1.2 unflavoured customers if they want to buy more unflavoured v1.2 would likely return a positive response and wouldnā€™t be a fair survey of the Huel user market. Adding more water to Huel would be a good solution.

v1.2 Unflavoured is back live on the website as we were only out of Vanilla v1.2. It has been live since the end of September and we are still not out of stock.

Adding more water to Huel at the amount I consume it and the consistency I can stomach it brings me closer to 3 liters a day.

At 2000calories, this seems excessive. But if artificial satiety is your goal, have at it.

Iā€™m at 48 bags of 1.2 now.