Joylent Has Been Renamed Jimmy Joy

I think the name is ok.
The product though is honestly really bad. Anything using maltodextrin as a main ingredient is terrible, at least in such a product as JJ.

1 Like

Yeah maltodextrin is crap (itā€™s one of the reasons I refuse to buy the official Soylent), I was just saying, soy+hemp is the way to go.

I think oat+pea protein is better in terms of quantity of amino acids though. And less issues with common allergies probably, at least combined with gluten-free oats

Allergens might be a valid point, at least for those with soy allergy, but 70% soy protein and 30% hemp protein, and you get a PDCAAS of 1.0 (100% complete protein). Of course oat+pea is basically the same thing (oat is like hemp, deficient in lysine but rich in methionine, and pea is like soy, rich in lysine and deficient in methionine), so itā€™s pretty much the same protein combination, except that itā€™s not as awesome because this protein combo is lacking the awesome hemp plant :wink: I mean hey, cannabis is a lot more sativa than avena sativa :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Soy isolate alone has a PDCAAS of 1, no need for hemp.

This is true, but it depends on the SPI; soybeans are slightly deficient in methionine, but when soy protein is concentrated and isolated, SPI tends to get enough of meth+cyst. However, this isnā€™t always the case with every SPI, but yeah, typically SPI gets a PDCAAS of 1.0, and besides, PDCAAS is probably going to be superseded by DIAAS. And thereā€™s always room for hemp :slight_smile:

And how does it sound to a Brit? I donā€™t get it.

Like a sex toy.