Lost some weight and now I am hungrier?

Not sure what has happened. I did cut a lot of calories out of my diet quite quickly with Huel and lost half a stone in about a month. Best thing I was never hungry…

The weight loss has slowed down a lot in last week and for some reason the same amount of Huel is leaving me hungry through the day where i was fine before…

I am not doing anymore or less excercise. Everything the same eg. when I am hueling up etc… - but just getting hungry… Is this normal? I didn’t really want to consume more huel…

It is normal to get hungry, even if you were not a few days ago on the same amount of calories.

Your body was functioning fine on drastically reduced calories for a while because it was feeding on reserves. Now that you have deleted those reserves, your body is looking for more energy.

You should add more calories. I suggest this on the assumption that “I did cut a lot of calories” means you cut too many. Use one of tens of calorie calculators available on the internet. It will most likely show that you cut too many calories. You more than likely can add more calories to your daily intake and still lose weight, but at a more reasonable (and sustainable) rate.

Thanks Ric - the reserves must have come from my stomach as my beer belly is smaller.

I will try and do more huel then. I suppose I was just hoping that i would be ok on the amount I was… thanks for advice…

1 Like