Mad hermit wants to be a lanky streak of piss

[CONTROVERSIAL OPINION BRACE YOURSELF] To me, Berry isn’t as bad as people say it is. I do 100g of Huel with 500ml of water.

Since Americans aren’t privileged to coffee huel, despite drinking more coffee than they do across the pound, I use instant coffee mix in vanilla huel, and it works out. I just hate that I’m adding unneeded caffeine to it.

I also have a love hate relationship with vanilla huel. Not sure what happened. I used to be able to down a 500 calorie shake of vanilla huel in 30 seconds. Now it takes me 30-60 minutes. Tempting me to go back to something faster to eat. Could be physiological, but when it comes to food, physiological problems are nearly impossible to fix.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve attempted to eat more healthily many times, but planning a nice healthy meal is always too much effort. Before jumping on the powdered food train I tried making green smoothies, but I ended up with a kitchen full of rotting fruit and veg, and a deep feeling of shame.

If you’re bipolar it’s even harder, I don’t envy you. I’m at least consistent in my level of messedupness.

2 Likes

That opinion made me gasp out loud. Maybe in 50 years society will have progressed to a level where that’s an acceptable thing to say and people like you will be seen as trailblazers and heroes. But, sir, I doubt it.

One thing I dislike about Huel is that if you drink coffee immediately after, it tastes foul. Perhaps because I drink black coffee with no sugar, and regular Huel is extremely sweet. My taste buds are leaping around like kids full of Smarties, and coffee tastes like homework.

BTW I’m loving your thread, your writing style is spot on. :smile:

2 Likes

There’s no better way to drink coffee than straight from the pot. Black. No sugar, no creamer.

2 Likes

199 lbs! The first digit went down! Hopefully that digit won’t change again for the rest of my life.

I did some maths today. My goal is 168 lbs so I have 31 lbs to go. My average loss is 2.2 lbs per week. That means it will take 14 weeks to reach my goal if I remain consistent. That will be the 8th of October, a Tuesday.

My diet is almost 100% Huel.

Granola costs £4.28 for 420g
Powder costs £29.24 for 1750g (buying 2 bags at once)

I eat 1400 cal/day
1 x 84g granola (86p) + 100ml Oatly (18p) = £1.04
2 x 132g powder shakes (£2.20) = £4.40

Total £5.44/day
£38.08/week
£163/month

At some point I’ll go down to 1300 cal/day so I continue to lose weight at this rate. That’ll save a few bob. Then when I reach my goal I’ll go up to 2100 cal/day to maintain that weight, unless I start doing regular exercise (LOL) in which case I’ll need more.

I bought some cheapo t-shirts in L instead of XL. They’re still a bit tight and nipply, but not for much longer. I’m kinda dreading my clothes getting baggy because I really can’t afford much new stuff, and because I’m freakishly tall there’s rarely anything good in charity shops. And if I’m not fat, I won’t be buying XL anymore, which means sleeves won’t be long enough and everything becomes a crop top. :frowning:

edit: achievement unlocked! What the fuck is this shit?! :point_down:

8 Likes

It’s a Profile thing on the Discourse software used to run this forum.

1 Like

Sorry for missing this thread first time round. It’s awesome to have you on the team, but sounds like you’ve been having a bit of a rubbish time of late. If Huel can help you find some consistency and help you get your weight down as you want then that is brilliant. Thanks for brightening my day with the wit of your post, had me crying with laughter. Keep us updated with how it’s going, it sounds like the squad here are hitting you up with some great tips, tricks and sound advice.

Big love from Huel HQ

5 Likes

FOURTEEN STONE PRECISELY! I literally weigh less than a premature baby squirrel.

My mood has improved significantly these last few weeks. I don’t know if it’s due to nutrition or weight loss, but those two things are linked so it doesn’t really matter. I’ve started to take better care of myself in general, because I want to be the sexiest guy there ever was. I’m using exotic grooming products like moisturiser, razor blades and toothpaste. I went on the exercise bike yesterday for two whole minutes. I’ve stabilised my sleep patterns and now regularly get between three and thirteen hours of sleep every. single. day. Yeah it sounds crazy, it sounds gruelling, but I am a new man!*

*contains 99% Old Man

12 Likes

:clap: love it

1 Like

This is brilliant, David! I couldn’t find a squirrel emoji so you’ll just have to have a chipmunk :chipmunk: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Using swearies is so funny lol!!11!

Booooo Phil, play nice

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got your eye on someone. :smile:

3 Likes

It was more for emphasis than comedy. Humour is subjective anyway, so now you know you don’t like mine you can avoid this topic so it doesn’t wind you up. :+1:

1 Like

Nah, I wouldn’t inflict myself on another human being. Maybe when my head’s in a better place. Add your own punchline. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s close enough that I wouldn’t have known it was a chipmunk if you hadn’t said so.

2 Likes

I see the thread being rapidly derailed if I were to do that. So we can all just think it instead. Like the couple on Brighton Beach should have done last week…

She didn’t even spill her lager. A stella performance.

1 Like

WOW this is the first I’m hearing of this… so all the articles I saw (rightly) had a bit of censorship going on… But, asking for a friend, anyone know where I can see the actual pictures? For like, science, or whatever

1 Like