Matt Fitzgerald's Diet Quality Score and Huel

Hi

I’ve been reading about Matt Fitzgerald’s Diet Quality Score (DQS). For those unfamiliar it is basically (very basically) trying to ensure you get a balanced diet containing all the food groups (as categorized by him), so you get points for eating e.g. a portion of grains, but then as you eat more you get fewer points, and if you have too much it starts to go negative.

I am wondering if anyone else follows this and if so, how they categorise Huel powder and Huel bars? The potential categories I see it might fit in are:
Whole Grains
High-quality processed foods
Legumes and Plant Proteins

You can do half portions so Huel could potentially cross between multiple. You get very few points for high-quality processed foods though so if I categorise it as that, and eat Huel twice a day, the DQS is pretty bad, which doesn’t seem to fit with the whole point of Huel being a full meal replacement and nutritionally complete.

Any thoughts? Is this incompatible with Huel?

As far as I remember, although Huel might seem like a processed food at first glance, the actual processing is pretty minimal - essentially just grinding to a fine powder. I would think it’s actually closer to a “whole food” than processed, but @JamesCollier would be the one to ask.

Hi guys

I’m not familiar with that DQS, but you can read about Huel and food processing here.