Meal Flavours

Hello,

I have just started on huel. Found the un-flavoured hard work, but the Vanilla is going down a treat.

I have ordered some flavours off the site now to give a go, but would love to see some savoury flavours.

Soup flavours I think may work well, given the consistency.

• Tomato
  • Chicken
  • Vegatable
  • Mushroom
  • Mulligatawny
  • Potato and Leek
  • Carrot and Swede

Other things that may be possible

• Bacon Flavour
  • Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (or popular cereal flavours)

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Stacks

1 Like

Personally I’d rather flavour Huel with flavoursome foods than flavour packs but if Huel sold Bacon or Honey & Hazelnut flavours even I’d give those a go. Great suggestions. Savoury flavours are a much needed addition but I think they’re significantly harder to engineer, also they’d probably only work with the U&U Huel.

I keep meaning to experiment but I don’t have any U&U as my first attempt with chicken stock was so horrible I had to chuck two thirds of it. I hate waste but it was making me gag & had to go.

If I did have some U&U I’d probably be tempted to blend in a few rashers of bacon just to see… heck, I might even try it with the Vanilla. Then again, I love the vegan nature of Huel. Laboratory grown bacon… if only.

1 Like

Yeah, I think many of them flavours I could do myself, but I am lazy. I love the lazy aspect of Huel :slight_smile:

You will have to update if you try blended bacon haha. I can’t try it as I only got vanilla at the moment too. Not sure I could handle vanilla bacon!

Could even be worth a trial pack for testing lol.

1 Like

Also keep in mind that the savoury flavours might need salt, so this would increase the salt content.

Unless they find an ingredient like sucralose that impersonates salt instead of sugar…

1 Like

Ahh, I am so bad with using real salt on things, I should be ok. I can see that maybe stopping some people from being able to use them, but variety is the spice of life etc etc :slight_smile: