Minimum Purchase

Sainsburys only recently started selling bars in store and as you said currently online they are only offering RTD. As David mentioned Ocado offer bars and RTD but appear to still be only serving existing customers.

store locator

2 Likes

thanks for the link

sometimes i dont think what to search for

Our upsell module on the check out page is a direct result of the feedback we have received here from you guys want to try single bars and bottles of RTD. The most recent update to the account area is again a step in this direction. We are absolutely taking into account your guys suggestions and making sure they shift our priorities as more of our Hueligans raise them.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m happy with the current system. I order 16 bags at a time, as I want to maximise the discount I receive, and minimise P&P costs. There’s obviously no such thing as ‘free P&P’, rather the cost is subsumed into selling, general and administrative expenses. If people were able to order a single bag then (a) Huel would make less money on those sales; and (b) the rest of us would pay more. I want to Huel to succeed, so I’m comfortable with Tim’s logic.

3 Likes

i am on a similar wavelength on the issue.

i buy in bulk tooooooo…

it is perfectly priced imo.

everyone loves a bargain but this is how it should be (price wise)

i craftily predict future changes once the company is in profit…

it is exciting

i used to be all about night clubs pubs and drugs but now im a bit older its all about my health.

it suits me, the way it is.

“i am always in the right place at the right time.”

I agree, they should have some extremely high margin sample to make it a win-win for both parties. A two-serving pouch for $10 or something. They offer samples for the flavor boosts, unsure why they don’t do it for their main product. My first go, I ordered the original Huel, vanilla, and threw a bag and a half out because I hated it. But then I tried Huel Black chocolate flavor, and I love it. The vanilla is pretty good with the apple cinnamon flavor boost, tastes like Quaker oatmeal or something.

The thing is there are plenty of people who’d try it once and not like it if they had a sample of one or 2 meals; it does take a few goes to make it how you like it. I think offering a sample can lose many customers straight away. I still think a sample pack of maybe 4 meals of one flavour; the bars; some flavour boosts may be a way forward, but this all takes time (and expense to set up).

You can’t please everyone though and tastes are different. My favourite is Huel original. I don’t really like the chocolate ones.

3 Likes

Very new here, this is my first post but I wanted to address the OP with my recent experiences.

I heard of Huel via a friend on another forum and so I went and had a look. The minimum purchase did make me pause but I’d had a few beers so thought “ah well”.

It arrived super fast - vanilla and chocolate black editions. I opened it up and made myself a drink. Yuk. I’m not new to similar products but this just tastes so damn bad… that was a little over a month ago. I put the pouches in the cupboard and ignored them.

If I’d just bought a single one to try then that would be the end of it, but my friend asked how I was getting along a couple of weeks later and I explained. She suggested the flavour boosts and making it with refrigerated water rather than from the tap and also using a blender rather than the supplies shaker.

The result? I now am working on finishing my second week of one huel a day (lunch) and next week will be moving to 2 a day for a fortnight.

This would never have happened had I not made that initial investment. It is somewhat psychological, you don’t want to waste that amount of money so you are more willing to try again. It worked well with me, I will be picking up some of the bars soon too as I did use the taster bar option at checkout and it was lush.

So whilst I totally sympathise with the OP there are sound business and health reasons for it being the way it is. Cheers all. Happy huelling.

5 Likes