Mocha Fudge Huel Ice Cream

Had a go at making some Huel Ice Cream using a Cuisinart ice cream and gelato maker. Incredibly easy to do as the machine has its own freezing unit and came out with a great texture and taste. Ice Cream is never going to be super healthy but worked out the nutrition profile and its heaps better than store bought.

• 200g Huel Original
  • 1 frozen chopped banana
  • 700ml Oatly Chocolate Milk
  • 30g fudge/caramel flavoured instant coffee
  • 1.5 Huel Coffee Caramel bars (diced)

10 Likes

Thanks! You just posted this right before I would have typed ice cream into the search box. :slight_smile:

That looks really good @Phil_C

Looks great! :drooling_face:

Not as nutritious, but Judes do a low calorie vegan chocolate ice cream that’s only 340 calories per pint. So from a sweet craving and calorie perspective it’s fantastic!

2 Likes

Has anyone just stuck chocolate RTD in an ice cream maker?

If so how did it turn out?

2 Likes

yeah my motivation was the lack of availability here for dairy free desserts and as I already have the Huel it makes it easier.

1 Like

my experience with RTD is that if it gets too cold - it starts clumping, so it may work in an ice cream maker - it would certainly help the calories if it did.

2 Likes

I make my ice cream with vegan whipping cream and condensed milk with a scoop of v3 chocolate and frozen cherries. Just use my mixer and freeze in a tub. Its yummy. :cherries::icecream:

1 Like

It churns fine and if you are planning on eating it all when its made there’s no problem. The issue I had is that because of the lack of sugar it freezes VERY hard when its stored.

I tried a new version using Banana RTD and made a banoffee sundae. To try and stop it going too hard in the freezer I split the mixture in the ice cream maker – one bottle of RTD and 500ml of plain Greek yogurt to replace the heavy cream. I added some simple syrup made with granulated sweetener and some caramel & honey.

It all tasted fantastic with a nice texture but overnight in the freezer still was quite hard – much better than before but still had to leave it out a bit to soften up again.

For the sundae I served it with caramel popcorn, crunchy peanut butter and warm sauce made from vegan cream cheese and salted caramel whisked up which tasted too good.

5 Likes

You’re making me want to buy an ice cream maker :banana: :banana: :crazy_face:

By that time, the Huel content is not very great?