Moth larvae infested my kitchen and ate my huel

Any answers on the source of the “worms” in the end?
Just curious as there have been a couple of posts in the last month on potentially contaminated Huel products and no info on any outcome. If there was a problem then I’d expect Huel to have posted a recall with batch numbers so can we assume both this and the black plastic post weren’t actually product issues?

I would assume that too…there seem to be plenty of issues with the products but most of the time the complainants don’t even bother to return the affected items. If they did, and there was an issue I’d be pissed that Huel didn’t issue a recall…and I believe they would.

I think the source can come from the production facility, as these moths are a known pest for meal and oats in factories. But then A LOT of people would have noticed them. I don’t know how the bars are produced, but if there is some heating in the process, this would effectively kill them. Only post-packaging would then be a possible route.

My best bet is that the OP had them already in their house, as they mentioned that they saw them also in other foodstuffs before.

1 Like

Hi everyone, just a quick update. The manufacturing site has already been informed of this issue it is being looked into.

Adrian sent what he can of the product and pests off by post over the weekend. Once we have received these we can then start tests to determine the source. Without anything to test there is little more we can do for now.

1 Like

I agree with you xD
I will have to go through all the stuff in the cupboard… But the rest of the bars were fine. Anyways Dan will update us, but sorry for the inconvenience just in case.

Any update yet?

The parcel was only received last week and had to be sent off for testing, testing then needs to be conducted and the results analysed so not yet.

We will update as soon we are able to.

2 Likes

Hi!
[Last update]
So I went thoroughly through my cupboard, I saw contaminated flour, and also evidence that they can indeed penetrate through plastic. I’m truly sorry but I think it was all my fault, and this closes the case for me.
Dan kindly sent me a new box of Huel bars and now I think I should pay for them since it was all my fault from the beginning
Kind regards, Adrian

3 Likes

It happens! Up to you, but perhaps the best way to make up is to change the title of the post. Perhaps “Caterpillars in my kitchen”

1 Like

Glad you found the source @Adrianfrancisco and hope you manage to get rid of them.

1 Like

Good luck getting rid of them I hope you haven’t lost too much food :confused:@Adrianfrancisco
They are a pain! Best to clear out everything and do a thorough clean and then seal everything in tupperware or biscuit tins til you can be sure they are gone.

2 Likes

Hey guys, glad to hear this one is resolved, although sorry that you’ve got moth larvae in your pantry - eesh.

I’m going to lock this thread so it floats down the feed, as someone may still interpret this as a problem with Huel bars, despite the title change (thanks).