My journey starts tomorrow!

Hey Steve, welcome to the team, it’s great to have you here!

I know you are feeling unhappy with yourself right now, but coming here and posting this is a huge step and shows a lot of courage. You can definitely rely on us to help you out and give you some tips - we’re here for you :blush:

Some tips we give to most who are looking to lose fat:

1. Head to a Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator
  • Like this one
  • Enter your details and select an option for exercise which you think matches your current exercise level
  • The number you will get is the amount of calories/energy you require every day to maintain your current bodyweight, approximately
  1. Take this number and take away 500kcal.
  • 500kcal deficit is what we, and many other experts, recommend to lose weight (fat) in a maintainable way
  1. Download MyFitnessPal or a similar calorie tracker
  • You’ll want to get a feel for how many calories you are eating daily and to do this you need to work this out
  • The great thing is that Huel makes this very easy!! If two of your meals are Huel then you’ve only really got one meal to work out and your snacks. 100g (2 scoops) of Huel v3.0 = 400kcal. As you’re tracking calories you should weigh your Huel, since scoops aren’t super accurate. Most foods though make it fairly easy on the back of pack to work it out. If you’re anything like me you might have a meal routine, so you’ll only have to work out a few meals anyway!

And you’re off! Just make sure your total daily calories are about 500kcal less than your maintenance level. Here are some other bits of advice:

• You might find this too much of a calorie deficit at first, you can adjust the amount to suit you!
  • tracking calories with food isn’t an exact science, but you’ll be able to get an idea of what is working, so listen to your body and make tweaks
  • you may well lose a lot of weight in the first few weeks, this will be water weight and you will likely regain this. Don’t feel disheartened this is very normal and your body will settle into a rhythm of consistent loss
  • Don’t worry too much about your daily weight, our weight fluctuates massively day to day, keep a track of the trends and the general direction of your weight over the course of months

I think I’m out of advice, other than top tips on making Huel, but you can have a read around here for loads of great tips! Any questions you have, have a search around the forum as you already have, if you can’t find the answer then do just ask here!

All the best!

Oh also, we’ve got like so much info on our site about this sort of thing! The top section here has loads of info on losing weight! The Guide to Fat Loss is a more detailed version of what I’ve said above!

3 Likes