Myprotein "Whole Fuel"?

Not an exact clone, but it does appear to have an unusual level of similarity.

I’ve seen posts on bodybuilding forums with Reflex Nutrition pointing out strange similarities between myprotein’s ‘new’ products and competitors existing ones - no idea what truth there is to that, just repeating what I’ve seen said.

1 Like

Im honestly not trolling anyone and i dont think its fair to say that. If any of my posts in here get hidden by the admin then i would find that pretty disgusting as i havent been rude once and all my points are very valid

I just find it crazy how people think, but hey. Thats them and i’m me, ill do what i want, they do what they want. Sorry for trying to show people why its a good idea to try whole fuel and potentially save many hundreds of pounds a year

1 Like

Its as close to a clone as you can get with the main ingredients which make the product, huel does have a few more vitamins included

The problem is, every one of the conversions I have seen you in always come round to talking about you and your behaviour.

There is no problem with you putting forward the idea that people should try Whole Fuel. The problem is the WAY you put your ideas forward. You do so in a way that annoys people. The problem people have with you is not so much the concepts you put forward, but the WAY you do so. Like your comment about poverty and saying I need to get another job. That was overstepping the line.

I understand that you can’t see how your behaviour is troublesome. But this is possibly more troubling than if you were knowingly being like that intentionally, because it means you are unaware of how your conduct affects others.

4 Likes

What is it with you and all these ! marks, it makes it seem like youre really upset

Coconut fat so the mct powder… do you know the amount of that in huel ? Youre aware it could be like 1% mct powder in huel ? as they refuse to release their ingredient ratios

Yes it could have different sweetness, it could also have less sweetness, it could also have more sweetness. Try it and find out

I’ve still got a couple of months worth of V1.2 Huel. Once that has run out I am more than willing to try a bag of this stuff, If I am saving a few quid thats always a bonus.
A bit of competition is always good from a consumer point of view.

No, they just add emphasis, you’re reading too much into it.

But coconut fat is in there for a reason. Why did James include it?

But you’re just guessing about the 1%

I might do, I might not, I might wait a bit and see what a few more people say after they’ve tried it. Entirely my decision, not yours.

Well i apologise if i offended you

My advice was legitimate though imo. If you dont have a spare 15pounds at any time which would enable you to try this product. Then you should work on improving your skills in relation to a better paying job and then you can afford it. I wasnt saying it to be nasty so you shouldnt have taken it like that

The reason my points may seem a bit obtuse is because it feels like everyone else is ganging up on me when just for the sake of it. Its good to see you actually agree with my points.

We should be happy for the competition and its price drop, it helps everyone. Once bulk powders launch their product they might do an even cheaper clone, who knows. Everyone should be encouraged to try the new product to help drive more competitive prices

I’ll agree with that… it’s a complete clone apart from the things that are different.

3 Likes

Yeah it is a clone

Its a nutritionally complete vegan food

It mainly made up of oat powder, pea protein, brown rice protein, flaxseed with a vitamin and mineral complex and meets 100% of your bodys daily nutrient requirements

Myprotein is well known to clone competitors products and i would be pretty certain their guys looked at huel, broke down the nutritional content, worked out the split and then copied it

Its a clone

1 Like

Well, thank you for the apology.

Well, if you must know, I am self employed and trying to build up a business. And things are heading in the right direction and improving (for example, my new contract with a particular company is nearly £200 per month more than last year’s contract with them). But I do like to be careful with money. Being wise with how you spend your money is just as important as earning it in the first place.

I don’t actually cope well with “normal” jobs, possibly due to being a bit on the autistic spectrum. I don’t cope well with noise and busy places. So it’s not necessarily a level playing field for everyone.

I didn’t say I agree with your points. I just said you have the right to put forward your points.

I understand you feel ganged up on, but this is what happens when you come on a forum about Huel and criticise Huel too much. The same thing happened to me when I went on the David Icke forum and was dissing David Icke. Everyone really layed into me. It’s like you’re kicking the sacred cow.

But I think, with taking a bit more care with how you conduct yourself here, you could contribute to some good discussions.

5 Likes

Huel’s nutritional information shows 5.7g of MCT fats per day, and the only source of MCTs is the MCT powder. As such, your approximation of 1% (by mass) is actually pretty close - it’s 1.14% to be more precise, but it’s roughly what you guessed at. Whilst it may be beneficial to have more, having any is good (and I’m surprised MyProtein haven’t added it bearing in mind they sell MCT powder).

3 Likes

Buy me a bag and I’ll give it a go.

2 Likes

Whole Fuel is not a ‘clone’ of Huel - their label shows very different ingredients and nutritional information.

Different yes

‘Very different’ is a stretch

‘Very similar’ ingredients and nutritional profile is more apt

Huel ingredients: Oats (Contains Gluten), Pea Protein, Ground Flaxseed, Brown Rice Protein, Vanilla Flavour System (Vanilla Flavouring, Thickeners: Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum and Carrageenan, Maltodextrin*, Sweetener: Sucralose), MCT Powder (from Coconut), Sunflower Lecithin, Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Xylitol*, Potassium Chloride, Tricalcium Phosphate, Vitamin C (as L-Ascorbic Acid), Choline (as L-Choline Bitartrate), Lutein, Lycopene, Vitamin E (as DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Niacin (as Niacinamide), Vitamin K2, Vitamin A (as Retinyl Palmitate), Maltodextrin*, Vitamin D2, Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium-D-Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Riboflavin, Vitamin K1, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Folate (as L-Methylfolate Calcium), D-Biotin, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)).

Whole Fuel ingredients: Oat Flour (41%), Pea Protein Isolate (23%), Vegan Vegetable Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Emulsifiers (Acacia Gum, Sunflower Lecithin), Brown Rice Syrup, Natural Flavourings, Anti-Caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Antioxidant (Alpha-Tocopherol)), Brown Rice Protein (6%), Natural Vanilla Flavouring (Flavourings, Sweetener: Sucralose), Flaxseed Powder (5%), Potassium Phosphate, Calcium, Emulsifier (Xanthan Gum), Vitamin and Mineral Mix (Sodium Fluoride (Carrier: Sweetener [Mannitol]), Maltodextrin, Vitamin C, Zinc, Iron, Vitamin E, Niacin, Sodium Selenite (Carrier: Calcium Carbonate), Vitamin A, Copper, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin (Carrier: Maltodextrin), Chromium (Carrier: Calcium Carbonate), Folic Acid (Carrier: Maltodextrin), Vitamin D (Ergocalciferol), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 (Carrier: Maltodextrin), Vitamin K, Potassium Iodide (Carrier: Sodium Citrate), Thiamin, Molybdenum (Carrier: Maltodextrin), Riboflavin), Inulin Powder, Magnesium, Thickener (Guar Gum).

1 Like

Huel Nutritional Information:

Whole Fuel Nutritional Information:
Per 100g
Energy 1770 kJ/423 kcal
Fat 15 g
of which saturates 1.8 g
Carbohydrates 40 g
of which sugars 3.9 g
Fibre 11 g
Protein 30 g
Salt 0.75 g
Per 100g *RI
Vitamin A 230 µg 29%
Vitamin D 1.7 µg 33%
Vitamin E 4 mg 33%
Vitamin C 27 mg 34%
Thiamin 0.33 mg 30%
Riboflavin 0.4 mg 29%
Niacin 6 mg 38%
Vitamin B6 0.5 mg 36%
Folic Acid 67 µg 34%
Vitamin B12 0.6 µg 24%
Biotin 14 µg 28%
Pantothenic Acid 1.6 mg 27%
Chloride 530 mg 66%
Calcium 339 mg 42%
Phosphorous 334 mg 48%
Magnesium 83 mg 22%
Iron 5.3 mg 38%
Zinc 3 mg 30%
Copper 0.3 mg 30%
Manganese 0.7 mg 34%
Fluoride 1.2 mg 33%
Selenium 18.3 µg 33%
Chromium 13.4 µg 34%
Molybdenum 16.7 µg 33%
Iodine 30 µg 20%
Potassium 783 mg 39%

Amazing…Huel, Whole Fuel and Dolly the sheep…identical clones.

Here are just a few of the differences…

1. Contains fluoride (looks like they copied our formula at the wrong time)
  2. Yes rice syrup is basically sugar - and is known to contain arsenic - https://authoritynutrition.com/brown-rice-syrup-good-or-bad/
  3. Their manganese suspiciously low considering it’s 41% oats, plus they add extra manganese in the vit blend
  4. 400%+ more sugar than Huel
  5. No MCTs
  6. Unlikely that their omega 3 to 6 ratio will be as good as Huel’s
  7. They don’t state the type of calcium used as their main added ingredient, only the type used as a carrier; it may not be a very bioavilable source
  8. No beneficial phytonutrients Lycopene and Lutein
  9. Low iron level - which with low levels of vitamin C and relatively high levels of calcium, could be a potential health issue, especially for women.
  10. Higher price than Huel Christmas Pudding Flavour
  11. Just says Vitamin K, Huel contains K2 & K1
  12. They use Folic Acid we use the superior L-methylfolate Calcium (1,000 times more expensive than folic acid)
  13. There are questions regarding the fatty acid profile, specifically if there is enough alpha linolenic acid (ALA) to convert to sufficient amounts of the conditionally essential fatty acids DHA and EPA. Huel does have enough - https://huel.com/pages/guide-to-epa-and-dha
  14. Doesn’t include as much vitamin C or D as Huel, and their levels are only slightly higher than the RDA; more up-to-date research suggests that the RDAs for both of these vitamins are too low which is why Huel contains higher amounts.
  15. No nutritional profiles for the different flavours
  16. “May also contain soy and egg.” their words not mine

I’m now going to close the thread. They have had enough free publicity.

16 Likes