New Merchandise!

It’s Ferris Hueller’s day off.

1 Like

Hueligans works fine for me too - Huelling your lunch just sounds like your throwing it up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True! But I’m not being serious. I would never Huel my lunch.

If Huel wants a pet name for us it should be “valued and esteemed customers”. :prince: We can refer to each other as “you lot” but emphasise the “you l” bit.

2 Likes

its not just ‘us’ though right - Hueligans also extends to a pet name for their employees - so like we’re one big happy, mildly dysfunctional, family :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure I like the sound of that, dad. I mean, Phil.

(I think we’re about the same age but dad is funny, whereas brother is not)

could have been worse - you could have gone for Bruh…

2 Likes

Agreed.

I think @Julian would take that as a massive compliment. Huel are disruptive, Huel as a concept is hugely disruptive. Have you seen some of the press we get? It still blows people’s minds that we would prefer to have a perfectly nutritious smoothie called Huel rather than a gammy, unhealthy sandwich that society would find rather more ‘normal’.

Luckily, even though we don’t refer to you collectively as this, it donesn’t mean that you aren’t either of those things

Here we go, now you’re getting it!

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the name Hueligan. Quite like it in fact. Dysfunctional is my middle name :grin:

3 Likes

Words in different contexts can have different meanings and connotations.
‘Wicked’ is a typical example - look it up in the dictionary and you certainly wouldn’t want to use it as an adjective to describe yourself, but kids from the 80s used it as a positive descriptive all the time.

Hueligan makes me think me of someone who is unconventional, different, against the grain, a bit rebellious and proud to not fit the norm.
The term hooligan is rarely used to describe violent youths anymore (except by 90yr old middle class white dudes, and @David).
Nothing wrong with stealing the term and putting it to better use :wink:

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

1 Like

Bunch of weirdos…

2 Likes

I put the fun in dysfunctional, funerals and especially fundament after too many Huel shakes.

5 Likes

I can sort of see why people might not like Hueligan as a term, but it doesn’t bother me.

As far as the merchandise goes, I wear the T-shirt because I got it free, but I doubt I would have ever bought one.

1 Like

Is there anything in the future that would make you buy one?

Probably not, if I’m completely honest. I’d only wear them for working out anyway and for that I’m happy with anything cheap and functional.

Perhaps I’m not the right person to target though. While I think that Huel is a great product, I don’t feel that it forms part of my identity and some people seem to feel more strongly about it than I do. I’d guess that those are the people who are more likely to wear Huel branded merch, regardless of what it’s like.

2 Likes

I know the question isn’t aimed at me but I’ll answer anyway :grin:
I would pay if it came in purple. And with a cool slogan!
They are really nice quality T-shirt’s, but I wouldn’t pay for one as they are.

1 Like

The t-shirts are awesome. Comfortable and nice to wear when running but I haven’t bought clothing with ostentatious logos on them for years. I actively avoid them in fact.

When it comes down to it; I’m not a billboard.

1 Like

I totally agree! But my choice of colour would be blue :ok_hand:

These pretty much sum up my position.

I’m sure he would, but I also said “violent”, which is the part that grates. Revolutionaries may be called hooligans, but only by their opponents.

Also, Huel may be one of the new wave of food companies, but so far (correct me if I’m wrong) you haven’t created anything groundbreaking. You’re just doing Soylent better than Soylent does.

1 Like

I think Huel stuff is perfect for heading to the gym, which is also where theres bound to be a lot of potential new fans.

Agree that the material used is absolutely fantastic. My two wishes:

1. Please make an XS for women!
  2. Please consider vest/tank tops
1 Like