New plastic bottles

Yes. I didn’t mind it as is. I just tried a few experiments to see what it took to get it exactly like the US taste/texture including adding vanilla extract but in the end, a simple blend did the trick. I drank the remaining 9 bottles as they were but chilled.

Has anyone ordered again recently and did you receive US or EU bottles?

I want to order but can’t struggle through 24 bottles of the EU stuff again.

@Tim_Huel are you able to confirm what is currently being sent out in UK?

1 Like

The EU Ready-to-drink is currently being sent out in the UK.

Bought an EU Vanilla RTD in Sainsbury’s as I’d run out of RTD and wasn’t planning to order until the US supply restarted. Have to say I noticed practically no difference. The bottle opening with the lip is a bit annoying but taste wise it was pretty much identical to me. Maybe a fraction more of an earthy taste but barely discernible and definitely not chalky or sour.

Just goes to show how individual perceptions of taste vary so wildly I guess.

4 Likes

And I like the new bottles :blush:

Hey guys, really want to keep you in the loop on this. We’re still working hard on the RTD and are well aware how much inconvenience this has caused many of you. Our last update told you end of April. I want to let you know that this has moved slightly, but hopefully only by a few weeks. I’ll try and keep you updated. Once it’s back we will give you a full update too.

Hey all, we have an update on the RTD. I’ve started a new thread about it here.

1 Like

How can we be sure any new orders will be the “fixed” version? Surely you have some stocks of the dodgy version you need to offload?

Tim’s got a yellow Robin Reliant…him, Rodders and his Uncle Albert will be shifting it at local markets as soon as lockdown allows.

Actually, I think he answered in another thread.

1 Like

Answer you here!

Love that this makes me Delboy. Uncle Albert can be @JamesCollier, @Dan_Huel is Rodney.

1 Like

This time next year … :grin:

2 Likes

I think you’ve perfectly cast it there. Can you fall through the bar while holding a shaker of Huel? Olivia can be Marlene.

I tried the new UK RTD yesterday from Sainsburys and it’s still chaulky :frowning: Will still just use normal protien powers instead. If it gets back to that awesome smooth tasty drink they get in the US than I will subscribe to batches of it

Hey Glyn, I’m concerned you’re comparing Huel RTD here to whey-based protein drinks. Huel ins’t a protein shake, it’s carbs, protein, essential fats, fibre, vits and minerals and all plant-based. So comparing to a whey-based protein shake (if that’s what you want it to taste like) you might be a bit disappointed. Pea and Rice protein are a little chalky, but our RTD currently is silky smooth.

2 Likes

I’m not comparing it to whey powders, or vegan protien powders. I understand it’s different, and it’s meal replacement, etc. I’m comparing it to its older version that was sold in the UK last year (the US version). Last year it truely was a smooh tasty drink that I drank whenever I needed a wholesome nutritianal boost.

I’m saying this new version still isn’t smooth as you describe. It isn’t a drink I will gladly spent £3.50 on anymore. It’s just feedback, that’s all. I miss the old version

Is this still an issue with orders as of today? I got a batch of the foil-topped bottles last year and haven’t ordered since as it sounded like a temporary thing, but I’m not clear whether we’ve gone back to the old RTD or whether a new third type has been created.

Hey Thom, I understand a thrid was created, I tried it recently, and it tastes slightly better than the foil cap version, but it is still chaulky and no where near as nice as the old RTD from last year. Some people have said they like it though. They sell it in Sainsburys if you want to try it before you buy a batch

Huel is back to being epic! :heart_eyes: Just tried it again for the first time in over a year. It’s back to being completely smooth and beautiful tasting. No more chalkyness :raised_hands:

This thread is a wild ride and I love it.

The current vanilla RTD is like drinking delicious custard, amazing.

1 Like

I preferred the less sweet slightly chalky texture.