New to the Huel experience

Hi,

I’m a total noob to Huel and was encouraged to give it a try by my manager at work.

Currently, I am roughly 2 stone overweight, at 15st 6lbs. My height is 6ft 1in and looking at the calculator that was posted in a previous thread, I need to reduce my calorie intake by around 500 to lose 0.5kg per week.

Starting from today, I have had Huel for breakfast and will be having one for lunch, with a proper evening meal.

Just a bit unsure as to the amount of Huel I need to take for breakfast and lunch?

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

I have 3 scoops to 500ml of water for a meal

First of all, good job for trying to get to a healthy weight.

In order to lose 0.5kg per week, you need to consume 500 calories less compared to what you expend. The great thing about Huel is that it makes it really easy to track calories.

To get a rough estimate of how much you’re expending, you could use a calculator such as this one: http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

How many calories you’ll want to have for lunch and breakfast will depend on how big your evening meal is. You don’t need to measure it exactly, but do you have a rough estimate of how many calories it may contain?

If you can throw some exercise in there also the weight will come off quicker.

Great to hear you got recommended by your colleague! Did you receive you 7 tips to Huel Heaven email? In step 2 Gulliver gives some awesome details about how to work out how much you need a day! If you can’t locate it (maybe check spam), then here is the info:

● First, work out how many calories you need enter your age, weight, height and physical activity level into this calorie counter

● Aligning your calories with your goals we recommend you aim to lose one pound per week. Removing 500 calories per day from the amount you discovered in the previous step, a 500 calorie deficit, will see you lose a pound a week. If you want to gain weight, add 500 calories per day. Losing or gaining more than this is very difficult and is much more unsustainable, meaning your more unlikely to be successful. These goals are a marathon not a sprint!

● Working out how much Huel you need once you know how many calories you’ll need per day, the next stage is to break it down into how many meals or snacks you need per day. For example, if you needed 2211 calories:

Without Snacks
● Breakfast:
Huel, 737 calories
● Lunch:
Huel, 737 calories
● Dinner:
Normal meal of approximately 737 calories.
Total calories: 2211

With Snacks
● Breakfast:
Huel, 500 calories
● Midmorning
snack: 237
● Lunch:
Huel, 500 calories
● Afternoon
Snack: 237
● Dinner:
Normal meal of approximately 737 calories.
Total calories: 2211

● Tracking your calorie intake apps and websites such as MyFitnessPal and Cronometer can be useful for keeping track of how many calories you’re consuming.

I hope this helps you out!