New Weight Loss Journey with Huel

Well done! Just remember this :point_down: but you have got this!

7 Likes

See how you get on with it but I would suggest replacing just one meal a day with Huel. I find it more sustainable to replace just my lunches with Huel H&S and then have healthy balanced meals in the evening. We use Gousto for our evening meals which works really well for us, keeps us away from making bad choices at the supermarket and makes it much easier to track nutritional values etc…

1 Like

I know this all too well :upside_down_face:

Hi Smep, I want to wish you well on your journey, which is similar to mine.
I had been getting bigger and bigger over the last few years and following some unrelated surgery last year I felt the biggest I had ever been. Once back on my feet I knew I needed a lifestyle change, cut somethings out although I refuse to cut out beer but I have cut down!
I weighed in at 148kg. I’m a biggish guy anyway but that is extreme.
3 months in and I’m bouncing between 125-128 depending on how ‘social’ the weekend has been.
Huel coupled with exercise is the reason, not just Huel. But as a result the exercise is now much easier and I’m actually trying to find time to do more or harder exercises to increase the calorie burn.
I have one Black edition shake after a workout before working hours, H&S at lunch and then a normal family meal in the evening. The first 10kgs came off really easily (I think cutting out bread and milk/sugar coffees would do this on its own), I’ve noticed the weight loss slowing and yo-yo now so I need to find another push. I’m going to try 100% Huel for a couple of days this week and see what that does and whether I can keep that up.

I’ll be following your progress! Good luck

1 Like

Hi, I tried my first RTD bottle this week. Vanilla flavour. I really enjoyed it. I’m upping my shakes to two a day most days this week. I’m been careful what I eat to as well as getting lots of walking in. Still determined to give this a push. I’m enjoying the Huel at present.

One thing to consider, if you haven’t already, is that after you lost 10kg your calorie requirements would have reduced. i.e. Lee at 125kg requires fewer calories than Lee at 135kg. What this means is that as your weight loss progresses (well done by the way!) you need to adjust your calorie requirements and deficit numbers to suit. They may not be much (200-300kcal perhaps) but it will make a difference.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim. That is a good point and one I hadn’t considered. I’ll drop to one scoop of the BE in the morning but I don’t think I can reduce the H&S at lunch, it feels nearly enough already! After all, although I may have dropped 20kgs, I’m still at 126kgs today!
Appreciate the advice, all welcome.

No problem. I would recommend you pop your information into a calorie calculator like this, rather than guessing at a 1 scoop reduction. Since you are really easily able to calculate your calories with Huel, it shouldn’t take too much time to work out roughly what you’re consuming each day. You can track calories for a short amount of time to get an idea then stop.

2 Likes

I have had two shakes most days last week and so far so good. I managed to loose 1.5kg last week. Yesterday I had 3 shakes and a few healthy snacks and I felt quite full. Quite pleased how things are going so far.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.