Omega 3 and 6

As I have 1 or 2 drinks of Huel a day (usually 1) I find it a nightmare working out what extra supplements to take (I have some osteoarthritis so take glucosamide and chondritin). Also as a vegan B12. Anyway someone suggested I should be taking fish oil or the vegan alternative for my joints. But then 2 scoops of Huel contains omega 3 and 6. So I’ve stopped taking the fish oil. Just don’t get round to doing the work of working out what supplements to take, its just so time consuming. Even if taking no Huel its complicated as many supplements have multiple ingredients etc etc. So can anyone throw any light on the Omega 3 thing (as far as I know its likely I get enough Omega 6) Thanks

Flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts are all good for Omega-3. Or flax oil, or walnut oil. Best to avoid fish and fish by-products.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: this will be dependent on what else you consume throughout the day. It’s likely you should continue your B12 supplementation, especially if you’ve been advised to do so by your GP.
As mentioned above, great sources of omega-3 to include in your other meals/ snacks each day include, seeds such as chia, flax, hemp you could add to smoothies! Or make a fruit and nut trail mix with walnuts. Of course, you could also add in one of the Huel Snacks into your daily routine too! I’d always suggest checking in with your doctor if you have any concerns.

Hi Jess Thanks for your reply. My GP definitely won’t want to be bothered with issues such as what supplements to take! I know to take B12 supplements, thats a simple one to work out. I have 1 or 2 meals of Huel a day so I probably get enough Omega 3 but I will have to do more research into it as oils such as fish oil ( or vegan alternatives) are recommended for joint health and as they contain vitamins other than Omega 3 it becomes complicated

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261561414000764