One month of Huel - pros and cons

So wait there’s Russian chat bots on the Huel forum now?

3 Likes

#keepupthegoodwork
#don’teverchange

3 Likes

Thanks - I don’t think everyone shares your enthusiasm… but, yeah, my message to them DiLLIGAF.

3 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I use my new neighbours internet and computer ! And it was her who introduced me to Huel and the forum

1 Like

Why do I keep getting flagged? And I’ve received 4 messages telling me my posts are spam. They are clearly not spam. Am I not allowed to join the forum if I don’t have my own computer??

What’s that Mandy, I can’t hear you?

2 Likes

@MandyMo Tim says he was going to PM you, but I guess the pub was calling as it is Friday. It seems that Discourse (the organisation that provides the forum) only allows 1 new user from any IP address. I assume your friend is also a recent sign-up to the forum. I always thought the default was 3 users per IP address, so I don’t know if Huel have tweaked it, the default has changed or what. Must be annoying tho…

4 Likes

He says it’s ok. I have been unsilenced. He might regret that. I am trouble :wink:

10 Likes

Welcome back Mandy. Glad everything sorted out now :smile:

2 Likes

You can’t be any worse than some of the other riff raff around here…

6 Likes

I’ve noticed an interesting pattern with Huel and food cravings which just makes me doubly positive Huel is the solution to my over-eating problems.
On Thursday I did 100% Huel (well allowing myself vegetables as well). My planned calorie intake for the day was 1400, but I was actually full on 1000 and had plenty energy through the day. I didn’t get any hunger pangs or cravings and I didn’t have a problem sleeping that night like I usually do when I’m in calorie deficit.

Saturday I had no Huel… I had so much food in the fridge that needed using up, that I decided to give Huel a miss for a day. That’s the first time since I started on Huel that I haven’t had any at all, not even for breakfast.
What happened? I could not stop eating ALL day. I felt starving. I was craving all the time but wasn’t sure what for. I literally had about 8 meals plus snacks. I didn’t count calories but I’m guessing I consumed somewhere close to 5/6000.
This is what I was like every day before Huel. I was doing tons of exercise but still have been steadily putting on weight due to my insatiable hunger.

So, I think I need to increase my Huel intake on a regular basis, and have Huel twice a day minimum, every day.
I really love food so don’t think I could cut it out completely and go 100% Huel everyday for even a month, but I plan to do 100% Huel at least twice a week and 50-75% Huel on all other days.

There really is something magic about it.
Today is gonna be my second 100% Huel day :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I tried frozen fruit with berry, that’s a nice way to empty the bag so to speak.

3 Likes

That’s a new euphemism to me

3 Likes

I think I agree with everything you’ve said in your review @ChristinaT .
I find I still have loads of supplements in my cupboard though.
I guess I don’t really need the multi vitamins any more but I also take glucosamine for my joints and omegas etc.
Does Huel have enough healthy oils to be able to be able to stop taking the omega 3,6,9 does anyone think?

I also like your point about less washing up!
This is probably the best thing about it in my opinion.
I don’t find cooking an inconvenience but all the cleaning afterwards takes hours :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

:flushed:

Oh dear

1 Like

Nice review here

2 Likes