Original Vanilla Feedback

Wow! Not had any of my shakes do that, including Original.
Perhaps @Tim_Huel or @Olivia_Huel could suggest what went wrong here.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe I have a bag from a bad batch or something… It might explain why it tastes completely disgusting at least.

Yea, this certainly does not seem right.
Never had it like this myself :neutral_face:

1 Like

Nor me and I only buy original.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with everyone else - that doesn’t look right at all…

2 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I think I’ll hold fire on making up any more shakes with this for now (which won’t be hard to resist :wink: ) and await any comments from @Tim_Huel or @Olivia_Huel.

Not that it should make any difference but how many scoops to water are you making.
I’ve used 3 or 4 with 400/500 ml water and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds and never has it separated like that and that’s either left in fridge or not so definitely agree with everyone else that something is not quite right.

I am doing 100g with 400ml water. But that’s the same as when I’m doing new vanilla, berry, coffee or mint choc, and I’ve never had the same problem with any of those.

That’s very strange, hope you get it sorted.

1 Like

Hey there, this looks really weird. Huel contains gums (guar and xanthan) to prevent this from happening. It will happen eventually but not after a few hours.

I’ll drop you a DM to discuss next steps.

2 Likes

Hi James,

Any news on the lifecycle of Huel Original?
Would want to have a last buy option.

Is there an option to post the poll here? As a lot of people did not receive the invite, myself included.

And thanks for all the great work!

Hi @Huel

The news is no different. I’m sure there is an option for a poll here, but why would we need one?

Maybe so more people can have a vote? I think quite a few people who didn’t get the email (and some who did, as I did) are antsy about the possibility of Original suddenly disappearing.

2 Likes

I think the result of the survey was that it’s now labelled differently. Original is called Original and New and Improved Vanilla is now called Vanilla. And Original is still for sale…

Stay Calm Don’t Panic

4 Likes

That was changed a while ago. The current survey was to assess whether Original is still as popular.

2 Likes

Yes that was my understanding too.

1 Like

Ah ok. Well they are still selling it so I’m chill now :relieved:

2 Likes

But still at this moment no decision has been made. I would say code orange.

1 Like

On the ‘original behaving weirdly’ theme - I have noticed the most recent bag I have starts to clump up at the bottom of the shaker really quickly so it is too sludgy to drink by the time I get to the bottom. I use a nutribullet and have been having huel for over a year without this issue, but the current bags of original seem to be misbehaving on this front, batch number is 10161 if that helps.

I tried all flavours (Original, New Vanilla, Berry, MintChoc and Coffee). I cannot stand New Vanilla and will never switch to it, something in it repulses my tastebuds, but I also found myself using Original less, as in I don’t drink it by itself anymore (too sweet), instead I mix Coffee Huel with Original (don’t rly like Coffee by itself either, I mix 4 parts Coffee 1 part Original). Berry I have by itself, because it’s the most neutral flavour. Mint-Choc is too sweet and it’s not a flavour I can consume much to begin with (even traditional mint choc sweets I only have a few).

If Original was to go away I’d need to find a replacement mixer for Coffee, if I can’t find one I would basically reduce my Huel intake a lot, I can’t be on Berry alone all day.