Please use stronger boxes

Another rather abused box with almost all sides open. Please change the tape! The current tape is as sturdy as masking tape :disappointed:

(Contents was alright though)

1 Like

Mine always comes in a black box. They have been arriving ok for a while but this week the box was battered but the pouches where intact thankfully. I was more cheesed off getting an email while at work from DPD saying it had been delivered but the photo showed they had left it on the doorstep. Thankfully it didnā€™t get robbed.

@Tim_Huel Just had a new delivery a few minutes ago, very disappointed to see Huel still hasnā€™t bothered to do anything about the poor quality brown boxes - these things are not fit for purpose and my latest order has arrived with the box crushed all the way around. As it was two months ago that you said the company was going to switch to a better quality box, I expected something to have actually been done about it by now. Really, really poor!

Have to say Iā€™m just outside Glasgow, and granted Iā€™ve yet to order more than 4 items at one time, but the black huel boxes have always arrived perfect even on overnight shipping with DPD, the lads here are brilliant and really take care of parcels for which Iā€™m forever grateful.

1 Like

The black boxes are good strong boxes - I think most of us on here are in agreement on that. itā€™s the brown boxes that are not fit for purpose.

1 Like

Some pics of the latest brown box failure. You can not only see where it has buckled on all sides, but I also give you the corner that has completely ripped open from top to bottom. Only just noticed that this morning before I opened the box.

Hey guys, yes Iā€™m sorry that itā€™s taking such a long time to implement. We are on it and the new boxes will be :ok_hand:, we will be surprised to see damage like this, but thereā€™s a few things at play as to why we havenā€™t switched over:

1. Running down existing stock boxes to prevent wastage
  2. Limited supplies of corrugate and massively increased order times due to surge in global eCommerce trade - itā€™s taking us 3x longer for get supplies

We are adding a stronger tape, this black one, but clearly this isnā€™t solving all the issues. @ChrisGreen thanks so much for the photos, really helpful, Iā€™ve passed them on.

2 Likes

Canā€™t say I have ever had any issues with my Huel boxes. Maybe I am just lucky

Just out of interest has anyone thatā€™s complaining about the strength of the boxes tried complaining to DPD since your local couriers are obviously throwing them around and treating them poorly?

Been a Huel customer since week 1, orders of all sizes, never had a damaged box.

Itā€™s cardboard, couldnā€™t you recycle it? :wink:

I donā€™t think itā€™s DPD mate to be fair. On big orders, the brown boxes just arenā€™t strong enough for the weight which is inside them. My last order had 6 bags of powder and 8 boxes of bars I think and you could see the box under strain just sitting still.

haha I know youā€™re joking, but if anyone else is thinking this, the 3Rs are in order of importance:

1st - Reduce waste
2nd - Reuse waste
3rd - Recycle waste

Also, that would cost us a lot of money. I know that doesnā€™t sound particularly sexy, sure some will read that and think ā€œgah bloody corps only care about moneyā€, but we havenā€™t got to where we are without being frugal and careful.

2 Likes

Not as a company, but individuals vary a lot.

Like I said Iā€™ve never any issue regardless of order size from Huel. Iā€™ve had packages arrive from around the world via DPD that were seemingly wrapped in crepe paper that arrived fine.

Of course, Iā€™ve also had reinforced cardboard arrive smashed to pieces and re-taped all over via UPS.

Sometimes you just get a delivery driver that hates packages.

I just had a large Huel deivery - according to the Fedex manifest its 14.6kg and has had 4 flights totalling 10600km/6600 miles - and the standard brown box is perfectly intact save for the security tape where customs opened and resealed it for inspection.

Big delivery! What did you get?

I tend to always buy in bulk to minimise regular shipping and customs expenses

1 Like

Update on this, the new boxes are very strong.

I was told by Alex here that the new boxes we are going to be using for larger orders are going to be ā€œso strong you can stand on them.ā€

I said, ā€œprove it.ā€

So he did.

Obvious next question was ā€œYeah but does the old box stand up to that too?ā€

It does not. Even with a small box which should be stronger due to the size.

The corrugate is far stronger, itā€™s about twice the thickness.

What I canā€™t say is when we are going to be able to swap over. As I said, we are running down stock of the old boxes. We will have supply of the new boxes soon but it will take a little time to run down the old boxes.

Will keep you posted.

9 Likes

The new boxes look like a considerable improvement and should solve the problem nicely.

I think the best option would be to dump/recycle your existing box stock now so you can get these stronger boxes into use immediately.

Huel: Weā€™ve increased the crush strength of our corrugate boxes
Courier: Challenge accepted :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

As long as Huel never switch to Yodel in the UK I will be happy!

3 Likes