Protein Per Scoop?

Hi there,

I am new to Huel. Having recently been diagnosed with PCOS I am hoping to use Huel to keep myself nourished with a rounded diet despite having very little time to prepare meals.

Would anyone be able to tell me how much protein and calories there are in one scoop of Gluten Free Unsweetened & Unflavoured Huel? I can find information on Unsweetened & Unflavoured but not Gluten Free Unsweetened & Unflavoured, which I presume means they have the same nutritional profile but I am unsure. I am also hopeless at maths so if anyone could provide the calorie and protein content of one flat scoop of Gluten Free Unsweetened & Unflavoured I would be enormously grateful.

Many thanks,
A New Hueler

Hi Therese,

Welcome to the Huel Forum :smiley: ! Great to hear from you and I can help you will all of this.

1. Scoops are super imprecise, you could get anywhere from 20g all the way to 50g in a scoop! We recommend weighing your Huel if you are looking to closely monitor your intake. Most aren’t too interested in this, for them scoops works better. For the record, we suggest that 1 scoop averages at about 38g.

2. 1 x 38g scoop of UU GF has the same profile as regular UU and contains - 155kcal and 11.5g of protein.

3. If you need the profile then just head to the GF product page and scroll down :thumbsup:

4. Maths help! If you need to work out anything else per one 38g scoop of Huel, take the value per 100g, divide it by 100 and multiply it by 38.

e.g.
Fibre = 7.1g per 100g.
7.1g ÷ 100 = 0.071g
0.071g x 38g = 2.7g

Hope this helps!

Thank you Tim, that’s very helpful.

So the impressive nutritional values where Huel reaches 100% of everything the body needs in a day apply to 4 or 5 servings - not to 1 serving?

Fairly sure this is made clear in a huge number of places on the site. 2,000 calories of Huel will hit 100% of most requirements.

If one serving provided 100% of what you need and you didn’t aim to get any more from elsewhere, you wouldn’t absorb much of certain micronutrients and would quickly become deficient in some things.