Really hoping Huel is the answer!

Don’t think they’d work in tea - they are 100% cacao. They do work in Huel with dark cherries :cherries: and a drizzle of honey :honey_pot:

Sorry Colin, I ment the biscuits.

1 Like

Hi @Ambelina, welcome!

I have a terrible history with food, eating disorders and binge-eating too. I really sympathise with that idea of thinking of your next meal even while you are eating!

I really would recommend speaking to a counsellor or therapist if you can - it really helps you be kinder to yourself. I have ASD and I see the psychotherapist who diagnosed me - it has been brilliant and makes such a difference.

I have definitely seen some success with Huel and I understand completely where you are coming from with the idea of breaking the obsession with food. I had similar goals and I think it has helped in some ways - if you take away the decision-making element of what to eat, it stops you ruminating on it so much. But you should be aware that it’s not going to be a quick fix so do look after yourself and don’t be frustrated if it’s not a magic wand. These things don’t right themselves overnight. The thing that always helps me with the self-judgment is to remember that the binge-eating is just a symptom of how you feel, and you don’t need to feel ashamed. Otherwise you just get into a cycle of hating yourself and thinking “fuck it!” and bingeing more.

If you ever want to speak to someone, I am here to listen! All the best with it.

4 Likes

Thanks lots!

Hello!
Thanks so, so much for this, you actually just made me well up!
It’s so incredibly rare to speak to someone about this who gets it. The majority of people are like, “why don’t you just eat less?” Oh, if only it were that simple!
A lot of people can’t seem to get their head around the addiction side of it. Ive had times in my life where I’m not hungry, I don’t want the food but my hand is ramming it in my face, I’ve likened it to possession before now!:joy: Yet those same people accept alcoholism, drug addiction etc without question…
You’ve no idea how much I needed your message today so thank you.(weirdly, I’m fine with the eating at the mo but life can be shitty so the kind words are gratefully received today):heart:

4 Likes

Oh bless you. I think more people have issues with food than you would realise, but it’s not something people tend to talk about. I think we should all share more - nothing to be ashamed of.

I think that we live in a time when we are so stressed and busy most of the time that we never deal with our emotions. As a society we are incredibly uncomfortable sitting with feelings without distraction. It’s why people turn to drugs and booze in some serious cases, but when you think about it, even smartphones or gaming are totally ubiquitous. You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who isn’t constantly distracting themselves somehow, and food is just another way to do that.

I’m glad my message helped and do feel free to DM me any time you need to chat. <3

1 Like

I’ve started on Huel this week, my weight history looks a lot like yours so it’s good to find others in the same boat as me. Terrible relationship with food and alcohol but I do know my root causes, just can’t do anything to change them. I’m looking at this as a long term change in eating habits rather than a diet. I’m doing porridge at breakfast, Huel for lunch and then a calorie conscious evening meal. I am aiming to swap the porridge for Huel but find them hard to get down in the morning, done some reading up and now have some ideas to make them more palatable. Good luck in your quest x

2 Likes

Ahh thank you, and you! It sounds like you have just as tough a time of it as me but like you, I’m trying to view this as a lifestyle change and to break the cycle a bit. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself this time around and just taking it a step at a time. The weight’s not coming off as quickly as it normally would but I’m trying to see that as a more positive thing, more sustainable!
Wishing you all the very best! We’ve got this!:grin:x

1 Like