Red and orange streaks

Hey everyone -

I’m on my 2nd day of vanilla Huel and I have used the blender only so far.

I’m just curious, not freaked out or troubled or anything, as to what ingredients cause the streaks in it. The red colour is similar to dried goji berries and the orange colour is turmeric-like.

They can be seen especially on the side of the glass but occur on the surface too. Any idea?

Thanks!

1 Like

In huel 2.0, we have added natural phytonutrients lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants which both have a role in eye health as well as lycopene, a carotenoid associated with reducing the risk of some cancers and partly responsible for the red colour in tomatoes. This is what is giving your Huel a slight red colour, but don’t worry, it is adding significant benefits to your health.

6 Likes

Thank you for your quick response. I figured it could only be a good thing but it’s nice to gain the knowledge. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Correct if I’m wrong but what has been shown in some studies of cancer risk reduction is an association with lycopene rich diets (not lycopene alone). Antioxidant supplements have received a bad rap actually recently from the scientific community.

What is the design of the lycopene rish diets and cancer?

Antioxident supplements have had a bad rap amoungst some for decades. However, Huel does not contain megadoses and we’ve formulated it be rich in the nutrients like those of poeple who have a good diet rich in veg.

1 Like

We are 100% certain the red streaks are coming from the lycopene. Huel is made in it’s own wing of a facility, so the machinery is only used to make Huel.