Savoury Huel Minimum Purchase Stinks!

Hi

I just contacted as I have a delay too.

They gave me a £10 discount code and told me it’s likely 48 hours delay…worth getting back in touch for an update.

Thanks I contacted them again and they did offer the discount, but couldn’t tell me when it would be sent so I’ve asked to cancel it now. No point Huel trying to justify minimum orders because of next day delivery when they can’t actually deliver.

2 Likes

Julian responded to this above, you’ll be able to order single pouches from the 15th. The MOQs for Hot & Savoury is inline with our other products.

We’re so sorry about the problems with delivery, but unfortunately it’s totally out of our hands and, as Ele said in this thread, is a global issue with our fulfilment partner. It’s not Huel specific and honestly is just bad terrible timing. Loads of other business have been affected too by the same problem. We’ll be up and running soon.

1 Like

Julian responded to this above, you’ll be able to order single pouches from the 15th. The MOQs for Hot & Savoury is inline with our other products.

That’s very misleading to say - you mean as an addon, which means you still need to order in total 3 bags (2 normal Huel + 1 Hot & Savoury).

There are so many threads about this here and on Reddit, I just don’t understand why you don’t listen to your customers and let them buy what they want.

1 Like

There are a number of reasons - we try and offer a roughly similar amount of meals at a roughly similar price. Manufacturing, packing, shipping costs among others dictate the best and most affordable price we can offer to our customers while still keeping a sustainable business (it would be no good offering Huel for half price if we couldn’t remain active as a company)!

We would have to completely overhaul the way our products are set up and priced if we wanted to enable ordering 1x unit of each, and that adds a further layer of complication relating to communicating possible shipping fees and charges, and how we best enable customers to mix and match. It is something that our Hueligans are bringing up more and more but it’s not a simple flick of a switch - otherwise we’d already have done it!

Hm, I was told it was due to volumes of orders (which would be totally understandable on launch day and I was happy to accept and be patient).

I’d love it if there was a minimum order value of £50. That seems to be the target anyway and it’d feel so much better than minimum bags. Having to get 3 hot and savoury with two flavours just felt silly.

I don’t think anyones asking to buy one bar, or one RTD (though that’s obviously possible during checkout as add-ons).

All been said elsewhere of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@chev You do not even believe how lucky you are just for being British. Everyone outside of the UK pay 75€/68£ for 3 bags and we have to wait around a week for all Huel packages… I wish I had your problems. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily say that the minimum order ‘stinks’ IF it were an established product. It actually appears to be normal when compared to Huel’s ordering process.

For a new product a sample to taste would be great. However this didn’t stop me ordering 3 bags; 2 tomato and 1 Thai Green Curry.I like the concept however I’m unsure if I would like Thai Green Curry which is not a flavour or meal that I’ve encountered before.

1 Like

If it’s any reassurance or vote of confidence, I was never into curry until I married an Indian woman and having introduced me to curries she was mortified when I tried Thai green curry and decided it was the absolute best flavour curry ever.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m very into Indian and West Indian curries but less so into oriental curries so I am curious and eager to try it.

Problems resolved I guess - received FedEx notifications of pickups for both my H&S and regular Huel orders :grinning:

1 Like

i reckon it tastes just like i imagine.

but still i think huel could problemfulessly have more flexible sale options.

Is it 100% free tu return unopened pouches? (no delivery fees)

There are a number of reasons - we try and offer a roughly similar amount of meals at a roughly similar price. Manufacturing, packing, shipping costs among others dictate the best and most affordable price we can offer to our customers while still keeping a sustainable business (it would be no good offering Huel for half price if we couldn’t remain active as a company)!

We would have to completely overhaul the way our products are set up and priced if we wanted to enable ordering 1x unit of each, and that adds a further layer of complication relating to communicating possible shipping fees and charges, and how we best enable customers to mix and match. It is something that our Hueligans are bringing up more and more but it’s not a simple flick of a switch - otherwise we’d already have done it!

I think part of the problem is that your business model was set up when you just had one main product. Perhaps it made more sense then (although I still think it’s bad practice). But now you now have more flavours, more options, Huel Black, Huel Hot & Savoury, etc. and customers rightly expect to be able to mix and match with more flexibility over how to order.

It’s impossible for me to say 100% how your pricing could be adjusted to allow unrestricted orders from 1 item upwards, because I don’t know your costs, margins, expenditure etc. But when all other online shops seem to be able to manage it, I don’t believe it’s as difficult as you are making out. With some combination of shipping fees, free delivery minimums and/or bulk discounts, you could make it work and it wouldn’t be hard to communicate.

Honestly, if your business would fail if you offered a standard online shop simply selling your products, maybe there is a bigger problem with the business as a whole?

1 Like

It isn’t free, it’s at your cost. As someone that’s worked in the sector before it would be a huge hit for them to pay for returns.

We offer free returns on all our ecommerce webistes at work

This 3 bags minimum rule is too high for me and worst than this, the idea to waste that much food (if i don’t like) prevents me from ordering just for the try

I still think price per meal is too high anyway

It depends on the company, if they can afford/want to eat the cost.

I agree the 3 bag rule is too high. If you already have a subscription you can add one bag from next week.

i understand both sides of this.

however as a customer id like more flexibility.

however, never have i been disappointed by a huel product.

one time i returned a few flavour boosts, because my acid reflux i had.

for the record, i know you all want to know, weed cured the acid reflux for me!

lol

( i know you want to celebrate the news but please remember theres a pandemic, stay 6ft apart )

best wishes to all

:earth_africa: :pirate_flag: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I just knew there was something I had forgot to try :grin:

1 Like

problem solved mate.

i started to enjoy food again after 8 years.

:smile: