Sodium & Cholesterol contents in Huel?

I’d like to start using the Lose It! app to record my daily calories. I can see that there is already a number of Huel items listed in their database but they all seem to list different values so to ensure it’s accurate I want to create my own.

I need to enter the following details which is for 100g of v3.0 Vanilla. The figures are taken from the Huel nutrition page - https://uk.huel.com/pages/the-huel-powder-formula-explained#ingredients

Calories: 400
Fat (g): 13
__Saturated Fat (g): 2.3g
Cholesterol (mg): ???
Sodium (mg): ???
Carbohydrates (g): 38
__Fibre (g): 7
__Sugars (g): 0.9
Protein (g): 29

I think that’s all correct but I didn’t see any values on the nutrition page for either sodium or cholesterol so can anyone tell me what I should be inputting for these values?

Many thanks.

the sodium level in Huel is expressed as Salt and is listed in the nutritional profile for each product on the main site and on the products own nutritional profile labelling - plant based foods do not contain cholesterol as that is derived from animal based products.

Hey there,

There’s no cholesterol in Huel so you can put 0 and for sodium it’s 330mg per 100g.

The cholesterol entry did confuse me a bit as some of the existing entries on Lose It! had a figure next to it and I was wondering where they were getting it from, I thought I was missing something. I shall leave it at 0.

Thanks for the vanilla sodium figure @Dan_Huel . Is there anywhere I can see the sodium figure for the rest of the Huel powder flavours? I’ve also purchased some unflavoured and i’ll likely be purchasing some other flavours in the future as well so would like to get them setup as entries.

Thanks

As Phil_C has mentioned, sodium is listed as SALT on the products. You just need to convert the salt figure to sodium …

To convert grams of salt to milligrams of sodium, divide the salt figure in grams by 2.5 and then multiply by 1,000 to get milligrams. Or use a converter calculator online.

I must admit maths isn’t my strong point but using your calculation i’m getting a different figure to Dan’s 300mg per 100g

100g of Vanilla 3.0 contains 0.71g of Salt.

0.71g Salt / 2.5 = 0.284 * 1000 = 284mg of Sodium.

As we’re just talking mg’s here there’s really no real world difference between the two but it would be good to know which figure is correct as i’ll want to apply this calculation to other areas.

Thanks

0.71g is 710mg. There are a thousand milligrams in a gram as Jem pointed out the sodium content is a percentage of salt which is typically 40% sodium and 60% chloride - so 721mg of salt would equal 284mg of sodium - its not an exact science by any means as the sodium content in different salts vary. As an adults intake should be no more than 2.4g of sodium a day - 284 or even 300mg per meal of Huel is not a high amount.

So as a basic rule of thumb and if it makes it easier for you - use the 40% measurement as calculation of sodium when you see a salt value.

Thanks all for your help with this. I think I have what I need now.

You can use this converter in the future if you need to work out the sodium again.

1 Like