Some thoughts on Huel products I've recently tried

I have been absolutely loving the new protein bars. What an improvement on the old regular ones! Only problem is they are so good, it’s hard to stick to just having one. :shushing_face: I read a lot of people saying they taste bitter/soapy and are very hard…not my experience - no bitterness at all and very chewable. A shame they are so expensive, but Huel did a great job with the creation of these.

Also been enjoying the UU gluten free powder. I like adding ice, a little cocoa powder and a few dates or a frozen banana…very nice. I went off Huel for a long time as the sucralose was giving me such bad headaches. However Im glad I can enjoy the shakes again. I actually find the taste of UU nicer than any of the other flavours, to my suprise. Only thing is the packaging, never able to get a bag to reseal. Every. Single. Bag. Didn’t really want to spend extra £££ on comtainers but think I will have to.

Unfortunately my endeavours with H&S has not been as good as the bars and UU. Mac & Cheese - the tomato pieces completely ruin it for me. So chewy and spoil the flavour. Cajun pasta has a good amount of heat and flavour but I always find myself having stomach problems after eating and have to run to the toilet within minutes.
The chickn mushroom…absolutely awful. Persevered through half the bag then had to bin it. Tastes like vomit and no other seasonings I added helped. Tomato & Herb - whilst the plain jane of H&S line - is probably my most favoured although notbing specia, followed by Mexican Chilli.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear someone has performed witchcraft on your tastebuds. I disagree with you on just about everything except tom and herb, I love that stuff.

What flavour bars did you get? I’ve been living on a stash of the regular bars and think the new ones look interesting.

1 Like

Hey Jasmine! Welcome to the forum, lovely of you to take some time to write these reviews! Really pleased the discovery of Unflavoured has worked for you. With your pouch seal have you cleared the powder out of the seal with a knife or credit card? In transit the powder gets stuck in the seal, so just run a point through the seal, give it a flick and it should be fine!

Can’t believe you don’t like many of the Hot & Savoury! :exploding_head: such a shame! But also totally ok, we know that everyone won’t enjoy every flavour, and Mexican Chilli is a great choice!

:laughing: Each to their own of course!

I went off Huel for a long time as the sucralose was giving me such bad headaches

The Black Edition doesn;t use Sucralose, I think it uses Stevia. Good point tho, I may try some UU again and add my own sweetner…

Only thing is the packaging, never able to get a bag to reseal. Every. Single. Bag.

Stange, I’ve never had an issue. As Tim suggests, maybe it’s making sure the powder hasn’t settled in the seal. I also make sure I “shake down” the powder to the bottom of the bag before opening so I don’t have most of my Huel on the floor!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.