Storage of Huel (To avoid the annoying seal on bag)

Still a clear container therefore unsuitable for huel.

Iā€™ve got an annoying seal on the bag of Huel I just openedā€¦Itā€™s driving me Crazy.

No weā€™re never gonna survive, unless
We are a little crazy

2 Likes

That was a good joke but then you overexplained it.

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m gonna start blubbering.

1 Like

I sense an opportunity here. Huel sell mugs, bottles, tote bags and clothesā€¦honestly surprises me that storage containers are not sold. (although in saying that iā€™m pretty happy with the bagsā€¦until you reach the end and scooping is harder than a cryptic crossword)

I cut the bag apart with scissors when thereā€™s not much left, that way itā€™s easy to pour the powder straight into the shaker.

That awkward last bit of powder is the only problem with the Huel bags. I think the seal is excellent.

3 Likes

I would buy containers if they were stackable - ie short and long with a large wide lid.
That way I could stack 4 flavours on top of each other and not take up a lot of space on the worktop. If the containers were upright ie tall and slim, I wouldnā€™t bother as the bags sit side by side well enough !

1 Like

I like my Huel containers like I like my womenā€¦stacked.

It is possible to leave the Huel in their individual bags but to store all the bags in a large storage box. The type of box such as a ā€˜really useful boxā€™ with a clip and close lid.

I stick them on top of the kitchen cabinets, with the flavour label visible. But Iā€™m very tall, that wonā€™t work well for everyone.

Had to find them on ebay and etsy but old school Tupperware Servalier Canisters are what I finally found that I liked. Airtight and completely opaque to prevent any light degradation of the powder.

if you want to splash some cash - thereā€™s always Infinity Jarsā€™s 2L Glass-on-Glass Apothecary Jar. Lightproof ultraviolet barrier glass blocks all visible and UV light rays. Looks cool and specifically designed for plant based food storage. WILL make your wallet tremble in fear though.

1 Like

Wow that is a lot of doshā€¦even with the lucky roulette wheel discount. Looks tricky scooping it out tooā€¦even with a backscratcher scoop hybrid contraption ā„¢.

For people who canā€™t be bothered to Google, whatā€™s the damage?

1 Like

https://infinityjars.com/products/2-liter-glass-on-glass-apothecary-jar :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Is that all? I thought it would be expensive. Iā€™ve just ordered 2.

yeah I wondered about the neck thing - it is 2 inch across but in the spiel does specifically say its good for storage of powdered protein/supplement type foods.

a long handled 30g coffee scoop should do the trick :slight_smile:

31JV6R0J2YL

Miron Violet Glass do a very similar Apothecary bottle product and the 2L model has a much wider neck - also much more wallet friendly - I found them as low as ā‚¬20 for the 2L model (product number FL-AP2LT-B)

FL-AP-2LT

Stainless steel coffee storage jars are a good option to as they are designed to vent CO2 while preventing moisture and oxygen getting in. The anti-oxidation environment is good for anything like tea, nuts, powders, beans, spices etc.

An 1800ml version will set you back as little as 20 quid on Amazon and unlike most stainless food storage jars comes with an opaque lid. And a scoop. Bonus.

2 Likes