Supplements to aid digestion on Huel?

I’ve been having Huel for a good few weeks now.

I tapered up and went 100% for a week or so. But my gut went wild and I was switching between constipation/dhiaorea with terrible gas.

I stopped the Huel and things went back to how they were before - not great but not as bad - now I’ve tapered up from one Huel a day to 100% for the last day or two and the bad gas is back.

I’ve been taking Udo’s Choice Super 8 Hi-Count Microbiotics for a week or two now, but they haven’t seemed to help.

Can anyone recommend anything else I can take to sort things out in my gut?

Things weren’t great before the Huel, but not this bad!

Could it be the exit fibre? Extra protein?

Any advice?

I’m going to the doctors this week, but don’t have much hope.

Thanks

Ahh, on another thread i recommended you try a high strength probiotic, and you’ve already done that.

Maybe you could try a digestive enzyme complex?

Sounds like your microbiome is taking time to adjust https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbiota

The human microbiome (all of our microbes’ genes) can be considered a counterpart to the human genome (all of our genes). The genes in our microbiome outnumber the genes in our genome by about 100 to 1. Meet the Microbiome. Microbes are everywhere: in the soil, in the water, and even in our bodies.

So it’s pretty complicated and can time to adjust.

This advice usually works - 5-7 days at 1 meal per day, then 5-7 meals at 2 meals, then 5-7 days at 3 meals, then go 100% if you are aiming for 100%. But of course everyone is different.

The good news is that is usually passes in the end.

The worst your diet was before Huel the longer it will take to adjust, for example if you consumed a lot of sugar, the microorganisms that lived of sugar will “kick off” due to the lack of sugar in Huel.

Thanks guys.

Sorry, I couldn’t find that other thread I posted in.

Yes, I’ve been having a few of these ‘strong’ probiotics a day.

I think I went 100% too quickly! But I will keep going for a while until my bags run out then see what the situation is.

I will look for some digestive enzymes too.

I still have a splash of milk in coffee a few times a day - do you think that could be adding extra sugar to my diet and keeping the problem going?

Thanks.