Taste

Thank you for all the tips and suggestions! Everyone has been so helpful! Yeah I think that is one thing I will miss although I have also been thinking about maybe once a week or every two weeks having a “normal” meal becasue I do enjoy cooking and still want to be able to enjoy going out for a meal with friends and my partner.

Thanks again for everyone’s help! Looking forward to seeing what recipes I can come up with and where it all will take me!

1 Like

I just really want to echo what others have said - when i first tried it, i didn’t think it was awful but equally wasn’t overjoyed at the prospect of replacing one or two meals with it. In particular i felt the texture was quite ‘gluey’. But it didn’t take long to not notice that so much and now i actively look forward to having it. Blending it does help, but convenience was important for me and most of the time i just shake and it’s really not a problem.

1 Like

I agree with @ChristinaT I think original would be a good choice. I think original is probably the best for adding flavours and also in my opinion is the best to have with fruit.
I’ve been using huel as a big part of my nutrition since 2016 and i have mine with fruit so it makes up around 90% of my diet for around 45 weeks a year while I work away from home.
I’m about to experiment with organic oat milk and some flavours and maybe chia seeds as well to see if that works.
I also have the occasional healthy solid meal when I feel like it as I do still get the cravings for solid food.
There are so many variations you can use with huel which in my opinion is part of the reason it’s so popular.
With a bit of experimentation I’m sure you will find what works for you.
This forum is great for advice and there are loads of different recipes that people try and then share with everyone else.

1 Like

Thanks again everyone! I have to say, today, the vanilla one is very tasty though I have toffee flavor powder in it. I’m happy that everyone is saying that it gets better! I have to say I am very much looking forward to my mint choc one later! I was so worried it would just not taste good but yeah putting it in the fridge has really helped and I will be buying a blender soon too. :green_heart: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I find that a blender is not really necessary…I tried one for a while, it was more needed on older revisions, but now it is fine in just a shaker. That’s my opinion, others may disagree. Of course if you are going to blend other stuff like fruit or peanut butter into your Huel it is essential.

2 Likes

So pleased that you’ve got some great advice here, Summer! Awesome to have you on the team. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I don’t have a proper blender, but do have one of the stick blenders you use to make soup which works great. It means i can blend it in the shaker, saving on washing up, and then give the stick a two second rinse. Plus stick blenders are a lot cheaper.

i can’t deal with the sweetener aftertaste at all either but i find UU with some blueberries, raspberries and lemon juice is delicious :slight_smile:

1 Like