Texture?

Hi guys (and girls)
I received my first order of Huel today so decided to cook up a batch as an evening snack

I put in 350ml of water and 2 scoops of vanilla, blended for about 20 seconds and while not tasting particularly great I notice the texture was like gritty/ bitty/ oaty? I added some coffee (1 tbsp) and blended again for 30 seconds and the taste is now great, but it still has the texture to it, is there a way to remove it as I don’t find it easy to drink with it

I also noticed I didn’t receive the 100ml sample but its not a big deal.

I always make mine up the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. That tends to get rid of the powdery texture. Blending for longer will of course grind up more “bits” but personally I prefer a little texture.

1 Like

2nd on the fridge… few hours in fridge and it is smooth as in texture and taste

+1 on letting it stand for a few hours in the fridge. Letting the powder absorb more of the liquid will reduce the grittiness you describe & the chalky taste some mention. You could try blending both before & after the fridge step. The extra blending after should add a bit more air & make the texture a little lighter. Hope you find a way to enjoy your Huel, it’s good stuff.

Cheers guys, fridge it is. Thanks for the replies!