The cap gets in the way when i'm drinking

it’s kinda annoying, and after i’ve shaken it I have to suck the residue out of the little hole otherwise it will drip on my face. Why does the cap have a bending plastic thing attached, does it serve a purpose?

1 Like

stops you losing it…but can be annoying…

1 Like

Hold it down flat against the side of the bottle.

3 Likes

I have one of these types of shakers and I quite like it. The cap is on a hinge so u can move it 180 degrees out of the way and hold it there with one finger. The inside of the lid is built up so it prevents powder getting trapped in it and you don’t have to lick the lid either.

1 Like

First world problems.

8 Likes

Hi Coup,
I dont have that shaker but I know the type. One thing good with those caps is how strong they are! Theres no danger of that cap popping off while shaking.

Yeah, I have to lick the hole too. Sometimes I give it a little suck instead.

Either way, keeps me from getting dripped on!

4 Likes

Innuendo city. :rofl:

8 Likes

All of you stop being such a bunch of drips.

:smiley: I just give the cap a lick after shaking, and turn it 90 degrees so it doesn’t hit my head. There’s definitely scope for other shakers, or improving on our current shaker. We have an idea of exactly what we want but it would be custom and difficult to produce.

2 Likes

Chuck Norris would just look at the cap & it wouldn’t dare drip on him.

4 Likes

I think the shaker needs a big improvement, I use this: http://sistemaplastics.com/assets/products/BOTTLES/Hydration/_single_lrg/640-Swift-Black-HAND.jpg

The original Huel shaker is unconfortable, doesnt fit well to shake, the cap problem is still there, doesnt optimise the space for keeping it in the bag or something. Also it made me blood with the upper part because the bottom circunference is sharp as hell…

You should definitely think about updating the bottle Tim

I quite like wiggling the tip of my tongue in the hole to get out all that goodness…

A man goes to his GP and says “Doctor, my eye hurts whenever I drink tea”

Doc says “have you tried taking the spoon out?”

2 Likes

well that escalated quickly

3 Likes

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about

The lid can easily held in position by your forefinger …
or maybe take the complete top off and drink it like a beer !

And as for mixing, it’s an absolute doddle !
400ml of water plus 2 (sometimes 3) scoops of Huel, no sieve thing in the shaker, and 5 seconds vigorous shaking … ready to drink :+1:
I find the taste and texture absolutely fine … even if I get the odd gritty bit or lump … quick chew and done !

2 Likes

I think everyone has a preference, I use the Huel shaker for Huel but then a smart shake bottle for gym shakes, I feel that they are very similar but the smart shake is a lot easier and with the storage at the bottom is something that Huel could look into as an inexpensive replacement… most places retail at £5-£7 so only a couple pounds more?