The Perfect Routine

Just received my Breville BlendActive and enough spare bottles to make an entire day of Huel! On hols at the moment but back at work next week. Looking forward to being able to make an entire day of Huel in whatever flavours I like the night before within 10 mins, then take them with me and have one ready when I get home!

Also got some nice little clicky containers for the powder, was getting bored of the bags! Though I made the schoolboy error of conflating a 1.71kg bag of Huel with a 2L container, so need to get a bigger one. The flavour pouches fit perfectly inside a 400ml one though!

Did a test run and the blender seems fine though at 600ml the bottles struggle to hold a 600cal portion which is a pity as Iā€™d much rather do 3x600 than 4x450, purely for the sake of carrying a 2nd bottle to work. Laziness works against me again!

1 Like

A bit late but morphy richards do a bigger bottle blender,think its around 800mm. you could try that instead should cope easily with bigger huel drinks. i love my blend active though perfect bottles for me.

Just a quick question. How big does a container need to be to hold a days worth of powder? in mlā€™s?

Not to worry, 4 bottles a day is probably better for me than three anyway! Most days Iā€™m in an office but sometimes Iā€™m travelling so multiple bottles would be a mild pain to tote across the county on trains etc, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll cope! I do like the BlendActive!

I could do with knowing this myself to avoid a repeat of my Tupperware debacle! 488g of Huel is a days worth (2000 calls) may go downstairs later on and do some weighing of dry powder in a bottle, see what it comes to.

Anecdotally about half a 1.71kg bag fits into that 2L container I posted above, so roughly 500-600ml

Yeah i was just thinking of having a few containers to store a dayā€™s worth, so when I get a new order of huel in I could weigh a few days at a time. Think meal prepping but with huel :stuck_out_tongue:

I went with this:

And this:

Blergh, those bottlesā€¦ Mine at least has got itā€™s gum-ring-thing slightly detached allowing Huel to get in between that and the cap. You are of course unable to wash that out easily, so when it is sitting in there for a while, it will begin making the whole thing smell really bad. Just a heads up to anyone considering buying it.

Did you ever manage to find a dispenser which worked for Huel?

Iā€™m trying to find the same thing and just posted a thread here about one dispenser which I think looks very well suited for Huel, but I donā€™t want to be the first person to try it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hereā€™s the thread: http://discuss.huel.com/t/huel-dispenser-anyone-tried-the-idm-pro-portion/1295
Iā€™ve also uploaded a bunch of photos of it the manufacturer sent me here: http://a.beveridge.uk/huelstuff/

Let me know if anyone is keen to place an order, we might be able to get the price down to a more reasonable number if weā€™re ordering more than 1!

1 Like

The guys at 100% Food did this in 2014, as I recall. The result: http://wesna.me/

Thatā€™s a bit too big a scale for home use, though. And the site looks a bit dead, so Iā€™m guessing it didnā€™t take off?

Too big a scale? The 3L one would be perfect for two bags of powder, no?

I use a kenwood smoothie 2 go for mixing. Wide open tops make it easy to get scoops in. I use this to mix and store as it comes with two cups. I also decant mixed huel in to other drink cup things so my batch is made up for the next day.