🍝 They've done it again - Pasta Bolognese is now nutritionally complete

I love making combos too. I tried 1:1 bolognaise and madras the other day, loved it. The possibilities are endless. The only downsides for me are eating more wheat than previously (its something I try to keep to a minimum), and the fact that some of my old bags are going untouched. I have found the only way to get round this is to take them to work with me, then i have no choice but to use up my old supplies, as it’s that or go hungry!!

I really dont understand people that do that. I once cooked a meal for a couple of friends, one of whom absolutely doused it in black pepper before trying it. And I mean doused, she was there with the pepper grinder a full minute. It must have tasted purely of black pepper and nothing else. If i remember correectly, it was some sort of curry, possibly a korma. I was horrified, and very offended, I won’t lie, to the point where I wouldn’t dream of ever cooking for them again. I think that is unbelievably rude.

3 Likes

I finaly got a try some and it’s pretty good. It’s going up there with my favorite H&S although I so wish they could find a way to make this GF. Thinking about it, I’d buy one of these with rice/quinoa instead of pasta

Waiting patiently for its arrival here in the USA.

waiting… patiently… :wink:

1 Like

Hang in there :us: :raised_hands:

I somehow ended up with less than two scoops left in the bolognaise; Mac n Cheeze; chick’n n mushroom. I combined them and wow - so good

1 Like

Agree: Mac&Chees + bolognese is the best mix

3 Likes

Im really not getting on with the H&S at all. I’ve tried five flavours now and they’re not doing it for me. I think Huel have understandably tried to play it safe with the taste but the result is a real lack of flavour for me.

It’s easier to add flavour than remove it. Salt, pepper, msg, garlic powder, soy sauce, paprika, vegan cheese, are all great easy additions to h&s at minimal extra cost or effort. My least favourite h&s is Thai green curry and that’s actually because I find the flavour too strong which I can’t do much about.

All the others are a perfect balance because they taste really good and it’s easy to bump up the flavour a bit if you need to. Which ones are you struggling with?

Ah this is rubbish, gutted to hear you aren’t enjoying any of the Hot & Savoury range :sob: Definitely check out the tips that @Herbivore suggests. We don’t expect everyone to like all Huel products, but would have thought one of the H&S would hit the spot. Which Huel products do you currently use regularly.

I sieve out the tomato pieces, putting the pasta back into the Mac & cheeze H&S; my husband adds the pieces to his “cup-of-soup” varieties. I guess if you had a symbiotic relationship with someone who wanted the pasta (and maybe the tomato pieces, since sieving all the bits is easier than just one sort) it might work.

I don’t use the Huel too frequently, so I sieve a whole bag at a time and then just use it scoop by scoop until I have finished the pack. I don’t digest the veg bits well since I have a stoma, but I appreciate the balanced nutrition vitamins and minerals and nutrients.

I don’t know how difficult it would be to get gluten-free instant pasta to add in its place.
:clown_face:

I had Pasta Bolognaise with my last delivery.
I mean, the people saying it’s better than restaurants in Italy are going a bit wild but it’s certainly very good and will be a regular purchase for me assuming that the recipe doesn’t get ‘improved’.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.