Unflavoured vs less sweet vanilla comparison

I started on Huel after seeing it on a facebook post from a friend. I picked the vanilla and went for a weeks worth without any flavour satchets (they wasn’t out at the time).

I loved the flavour, loved the energy boost it’s given me and love the fact I know I’m getting a healthy diet, I’ve cut out all snacks (bar the odd treat) and felt and look a whole lot better.

I’ve also been very active on these forums, offering advice as and when I can and trying to be helpful. The level of customer service I’ve seen and experienced has been top notch.

I mentioned I’d like to try the unflavoured Huel, and @Julian got in contact and sent me out a sample to try. I can certainly see where the different opinions come from!

It might be because I’m used to the vanilla Huel, but I can definatly feel a chalky feel to the unflavoured. It also tastes very oaty, but with a slightly harsh aftertaste that lingers (likely due to being chalky and possibly having powder left over after swallowing). I wouldn’t go as far as to say unflavoured is horrible, but I much much much prefer the vanilla. I had enough unflavoured in my sample to make 2 meals up, the first was pure Huel, the second I made with a Tassimo expresso pod mixed in. Made a vast difference to the flavour (Texture was still very powdery/chalky though), and made it taste better than using vanilla with expresso pod!

I think that if you intend to try Huel for the first time, my suggestion is start with Vanilla, it is far easier to get on with with the least fuss. Then start to experiment with different flavour combinations (I’m looking forward to getting mocha and strawberry in my next delivery (Of vanilla… :stuck_out_tongue: ). Similarly for those who might have started with unflavoured, and found the taste not great, or the texture very offputting, try the vanilla, it’s amazing how different the 2 actually are!

2 Likes

Thank you @welwynd that is well balanced comparison. I totally agree with you. In fact I might add this section to the product page if that is ok with you:

if you intend to try Huel for the first time, my suggestion is start with Vanilla, it is far easier to get on with with the least fuss.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Anything I write on these forums, feel free to use as needed.

1 Like

I think it would be good to put something like that on the product page. Vanilla Huel is the best starting point in my opinion.