Using Huel for diabetic remission diet

Hi all,
Been using Huel for breakfast for the past 2 years and love it. However I started using it as a breakfast solution after I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I initially made a good start, lost some weight, Im quite heavy, and felt really good, however Im now finding my diabetes seems to be getting worse. I want to do the nuclear option of kicking it to touch by following an 850 kcal per day diet for 3 months. I consider Im well enough versed in nutrition to make it happen, but wondered what people thoughts are on using Huel for this process? Has anyone used it for this purpose and if so, how was it?

Hi John, it’s great to hear you’ve been loving Huel for the last couple of years.

Regardless of what you eat I would only follow such a low calorie diet under your doctor’s supervision. I’d also recommend seeking out a dietitian you can help you on a 1:1 basis.

Hi Dan,
Im going for my diabetic review this monday and will make sure to get a full baseline medical before starting on this. Both to ensure they are on board with it, and also to get a baseline to check progress against.

2 Likes

@scottyjohn

Any update on your review?

I’ve just been diagnosed with T2, and interested to see how you’re getting on. Most of the diabetes threads just tail off on the forum . . . I hope that’s not ominous!