Vanilla Flavour-Leading on to Cacao!

So i decided to give the “Vanilla Flavour” a try. It tastes very much less vanilla-ry than Original. I am struggling to get the vanilla at all. Its quite creamy and a bit like yogurt. I am firmly in the Original group. Also decided to give the new Mint Choc Chip flavour a go. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Tastes just like mint choc chip ice cream. Great on a hot day (when it comes) ice cold.

2 Likes

…And come to think about it. Why haven’t Huel done a chocolate flavour yet. I havnt tried a choc or a macha flavour shot but i would defo try a Matcha Chocolate Flavour!

Chocolate or cacao flavour boosts are lovely with vanilla or original+UU, according to taste.

1 Like

Cacao flavour boost plus real cacao in Unflavoured Huel is the BEST HUEL EVER

3 Likes

Just for the people who don’t know, Christina works for a cacao plantation.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t get any work done. I would eat all the cacao. It’d be as successful as an alcoholic working in a pub

3 Likes

I’m currently drinking a Cacao boost Huel with added cacao powder and grated dark chocolate, and a cherry on the top (for real)

5 Likes

What’s the difference between cacao & chocolate flavour?

@danshiz will let @ChristinaT answer that. She’s the real connoisseur :grin:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Chocolate boost is sweeter and tastes like milk chocolate. The taste is closer to a bar of dairy milk, than to a chocolate milkshake. The taste varies enormously depending on whether you add it to Unflavoured, Vanilla or Original Huel though. In original it’s more chocolatey but very sweet. In Vanilla it tastes like toffee / chocolate and is sweet but in a different way. In Unflavoured you need quite a lot of it to get a good flavour and it’s slightly bitter.

Cacao boost tastes more like dark chocolate / real cacao. It is fantastic in Unflavoured Huel if you want a bitter dark chocolate taste. If you add it to Original it tastes more like a proper chocolate shake than the chocolate boost does. In Vanilla it has toffee undertones.

Adding real cacao powder to any of the above combinations, makes it even more awesome.

Edit: to simplify, I’d say it’s similar to the difference between cocoa powder and cacao powder! One is sweet and creamy, the other bitter, intense and dark

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Loving your detailed answer. Thank you! By the sounds of it I am definitely a Cacao kinda guy!

2 Likes

Blimey! I did not realise Cacao was a super food thingy. Gonna go Tesco tonight and pick up some Lucy Bee Organic Super Boost Cacao Powder 250G which is on offer. Its got loadsa vitamins and ting!

2 Likes

Woah hold on. Make sure what you are buying is undutched otherwise half the goodness is washed away.

I buy my cacao from the raw chocolate company. I don’t know if what tesco sell is undutched but you need to check.

2 Likes

Ooh err. Not sure on that :sweat_smile:
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302218932
This is the product. Looks Kosher.

There goes @coup, blaming us dutchies again :rofl:

2 Likes

Stop washing natural food in chemicals then! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve looked on their website and it is undutched and everything else looks how it should. Good find actually as it’s better value than the one @Bee and I buy!

1 Like

Bulk buy it! Limited time offer! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

What’s the shelf life of unopened cacao powder? I already have two bags to get through, plus the remainder of a Huel cacao fb pouch :grin:

Blimey! You did bulk buy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like