Vegan Coffee Pancakes

Huel%20Pancakes

Made these tasty vegan coffee pancake this morning as a post-training second breakfast. Super tasty, filling and versatile. I used the coffee Huel to make it coffee flavour but would probably work with the vanilla or berry flavours too!

Serves 2
Makes around 10 American style pancakes

Ingredients:

• 2 scoops coffee Huel
  • 75g plain flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon caster sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 250ml soy milk (I used unsweetened)
  • 2 tablespoons oil (I used vegetable oil), plus extra for cooking

Method:

1. Mix together the Huel, flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt
  2. Add the soy milk and oil
  3. Whisk until smooth
  4. Heat up some oil in a non-stick pan
  5. Put a heaped tablespoon of pancake batter in the pan and spread to desired size/thickness
  6. Flip once firm enough
  7. Remove from pan once both sides cooked
  8. Repeat with remaining batter
  9. Stack, add toppings and enjoy!
4 Likes

Will try this weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

I do something similar with vanilla huel, but I just use more Huel (instead of regular flour) and no sugar. Lovely stuff.

There’s a mug cake in the forum somewhere that’s quite tasty as well.

2 Likes

I ought to try this - thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Most importantly, what’s the Halo Top like? I’ve been advised they have 3 different vegan ones in Tesco…but not seen them yet…!!!

1 Like

Ahh so good! Bought the peanut butter and toasted coconut one as they are on offer in Tesco atm 2 for ÂŁ7. Demolished the toasted coconut one with pancakes and it was delicious.
Saving the peanut butter one for another day but they’ve set the bar high so far :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Awesome. Will look out for them Booja Booja is my favourite so far…let’s hope this is as good.

1 Like

Vegan ice cream is sooooo expensive, especially if you’re a greedy.guts like me who can easily eat a whole tub in one go!

I found halo top…in tesco. 2 for 7 quid at the moment. And 320cals a whole tub.

How big is a whole tub? Like the size you get in the cinema? :sob:

1 Like

473ml - so just under half a litre.

1 Like

Which flavours did you get? I would definitely go for the caramel, but would have a hard job deciding between coconut and PB. Maybe PB would be too sickly. But then if that was the case maybe the tub would last a bit longer.

My local Tesco ONLY had coconut and PB so had to be them. Didn’t have caramel which would have been my preferred choice too.