Website ordering + other

Hi there!

Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with the website so far.
I’ve just started ordering my first batch of shakes, and since i’m curious about the other products, i wanted to try some of the others too. I wanted to get shake + granola, but i seem to stumble over the minimum 2 bags of shake (a minimum order would’ve made more sense, so i can compensate with other products for that amount of money). But ok, i wanted to set 2 shakes and 3 granolas. Sounds fair so far. But turns out when i wanna order the granola, i receive the error of “product not available for subscription”. However if i just go to the main ordering page (not the edit subscription), of course i can add it. But then i want an extra scoop and shaker. Again some problems. Cause i can only add a scoop from the subscription. But the shaker, although previously not available, when you started selling them, they only appear in the main page, if i edit subscription and go to accessories, it doesn’t appear.

So how to order properly? If i order 2 shakes + scoop for subscription, and then order shaker and granola separately from the main page, will it even be sent as one order, or two? Cause it would suck to be charged for delivery, since 3 granola and a shaker isn’t even close to 44 euros. I would order from the main page as if it was the first order ever and be done with it to be honest.

I also have experienced the errors with “create an account now!” when I’m already logged into my account. And i still can’t edit my address if i want to, says correct the errors, but doesn’t even show what errors are there. Can’t add a credit card either, because of other unknown errors.

And it’s already been a couple of months since ordering RTD doesn’t work from the main page, whether i’m logged into my account or not. Just shows the standard 1 piece of each flavor, but if i want to add more and press the “+” it doesn’t do anything.

And as a first user of your products, i’ve got to say that i expected way more flavor from the boosters. I’ve only ordered the samples so far, to see what i like, and some of the flavors can barely be felt. I expected a more intense flavor of chocolate for starters. I even added a pack to the already chocolate shake, and still barely felt any flavor to it, same with the mint chocolate. I didn’t feel the peanut flavor at all. I’m not a fan of fruit flavors in general, but the berry and strawberry ones were actually awesome.

I’d love to replace 2 meals/day with the shakes, but so far i’ve felt very bloated from them. I hope it’s just a beginning phase, and it’ll pass once the body adjusts to it. So not giving up yet :grin:

And a side question… Have the number of portions in a shake bag increased? i think i remember that for 4 bags i had 56 portions, not the website says 68.

Go here!: Please let us mix and match different products when ordering

Personally, I’ve never ordered the granola, plus I am in the UK… so I can’t be sure what the issue is here, but there has been mention of the granola possibly being discontinued so perhaps that’s why you can’t subscribe to it?

As for adding a scoop and ensuring your order contains everything you need, it’s probably easiest to email them: team@huel.com and they may be able to manually modify your basket.

You can only add one ‘single’ RTD. You should be able to order a case though (?) Again - ask them when you email them. There could be an issue with delivery eg with the weight of a case, specifically in your area / country

The samples are just samples and you only get 3 grams. If you use a strong flavoured base powder, or more than 100g, or more than 400ml water then you need more than 3g of boost. Personally, with the samples I just make up a small shake to try out the flavour. If I like the flavour I buy a full bag and add closer to 5 or 6 grams per shake for a good flavour.

Search the forum and you will see lots of mention of this and lots of solutions. Start off with just one shake a day and build up, let your body get used to the extra fibre. Drink plenty water.

Yes. With v3 they changed the portion size to 400 calories (100g / 2 x 50g scoops) as this is a much simpler measurement. So the bags now contain a greater number of meals, because the meals are smaller! The weight of the bag is the same though.

Phew! That was a lot of questions in one post :laughing:
Did I miss anything?!
Have a read of the forum and you’ll find lots of answers (and lots of bad jokes, and a few pictures of cats).

But, for your ordering issues, definitely contact Huel directly by email (or live chat if you get that function in your country?)

3 Likes

@ChristinaT
Personally, I’ve never ordered the granola, plus I am in the UK… so I can’t be sure what the issue is here, but there has been mention of the granola possibly being discontinued so perhaps that’s why you can’t subscribe to it?

I order FROM UK, so that’s a bit irrelevant. There always have been issues with the website as far as i’m concerned.

@ChristinaT
The samples are just samples and you only get 3 grams. If you use a strong flavoured base powder, or more than 100g, or more than 400ml water then you need more than 3g of boost. Personally, with the samples I just make up a small shake to try out the flavour. If I like the flavour I buy a full bag and add closer to 5 or 6 grams per shake for a good flavour.

I’ve used the exact instructions they gave for a 600ml shake and 3 scoops. But even the chocolate base as it is feels watered down. I read that a teaspoon of flavor booster is enough for a shake, so one sample per shake should’ve been enough. Well at least with samples i know what to order and what not :woman_shrugging: I appreciate your suggestion too though

@ChristinaT
Search the forum and you will see lots of mention of this and lots of solutions. Start off with just one shake a day and build up, let your body get used to the extra fibre. Drink plenty water.

I did start with one shake, i did drink plenty of water too. I also read people say it’s been over 6 months and the bloating persists. But like i said, I’m not giving up yet

@ChristinaT
Yes. With v3 they changed the portion size to 400 calories (100g / 2 x 50g scoops) as this is a much simpler measurement. So the bags now contain a greater number of meals, because the meals are smaller! The weight of the bag is the same though.

Hmm… does that mean with the new ones we should use 2 scoops instead of 3 then?
edit: Nevermind, i found the info for this in how to use :blush:

@ChristinaT
But, for your ordering issues, definitely contact Huel directly by email (or live chat if you get that function in your country?)

Well basically for any change and order I have to e-mail the team… when those problems could’ve been easily solved with a better web developer

Oh, and as far as ordering, if i wanna add granola to the subscription instead of a separate new order, it “forces” me to add it as a one time buy, with full price. So of course i’d rather buy from the main page where it can be subscribed AND bought with 10% off. But you can’t tell me an item isn’t subcribable from one page, but can be from another page on the same website :laughing:

Thanks for answering all my annoying questions! Happy holidays! :hugs: