Weight Loss Journey

Hello to all that venture into this epic forum post, welcome!

I’ve been a massive fan of Huel for a number of years now. However I’ve taken a massive break from it due to moving to another country. I never stuck with it, and all weight loss gains in the past were put back on.

This time is different though!

I moved from South London to the Falkland Islands, a British Overseas Territory the size of Wales, but with a population of just 3500 people! No JustEat, Deliveroo, or other fast food places open all hours.

I’ve cleaned out my cupboards, and as of 8th July 2018 I received 16 bags of Huel after making the 8000 mile journey from the UK.

I’m one a few Police Officers on this Island, and as you can imagine shift work is part and parcel of that.

February 2018 I was my heaviest I’ve ever been, at 272 pounds. Thankfully before starting my Huel journey, and waiting for it to arrive I lost a bit. First photo is me in Feb, and second is on the 15th July, 8 days into my Huel marathon.

My plan is to go 100% Huel as much as reasonably possible. Bar a few social occasions where I’ll be putting the Huel back in the drawer, I’ll be trying to manage a 100% routine.

On the 8th July 2018 I weighed in at 260lbs. I’m a 6”1, 24 year old Male. I’m aiming to achieve 220lbs, and then 200.

I haven’t seen my family in a year, and I’m due to go back to the UK on 24th Oct. I’m attempting to lose as much as possible!

My calorie intake at the moment is roughly 1000-1500. I know a lot of people will say I’m doing it wrong, but it’s manageable for me, and after 15 days on this low intake routine my body has adapted to it, I’ve seen significant weight loss, and I’m feeling better than ever. I plan on upping it slowly the closer to my target I get.

Thankfully I have few distractions out here, so going 100% hasn’t been difficult.

Initially I experienced stomach problems and a lot of excess gas, but after a few days it went. Then came the headaches, however they’re gone now. My desire for food has subsided substantially - I no longer crave the bad food anywhere near as often as I did.

I’m going to keep it simple and post my weekly weight loss in the form of a picture/graph. I take daily weight recordings.

So here it goes, the first 15 days!
8th June - 260lbs
23rd June - 243.4lbs

10 Likes

Wow, a Falkland Islands cop! That certainly sounds different!

Hope it all goes well down there, from a fellow officer.

2 Likes

All the best! Will be following your journey with interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s impressive! I’m losing weight more slowly, but that’s only because I can’t avoid eating one “normal” meal a day. I’d love to be 100% on Huel!

1 Like

The losses I experienced at the start have definitely subsided. It’s starting to level out a bit now. Last few days have been up and down. But ive also not been 100% faithful to 100% Huel.

1 Like

Brilliant stuff - keep us posted!

1 Like

Well done and thanks for posting.

Well done :slight_smile: looking forward to more updates