What's the environmental impact of ready to drink Huel?

Say I was to fully replace normal Huel with Ready to Drink, because I’m so lazy I can’t be bothered skating it up. I assume the environmental impact of transporting that increased mass and volume will be much higher, but how much? How guilty should I feel? Or perhaps Huel are offsetting the carbon output of transporting it, somehow?

A read of this thread will provide the answer your question

Then I would say that you are responsible for the increased environment impact and not Huel. The powder is, and will always be the best nutritionally and for the environment. The other products (bars, granola and RTD) are to supplement the powder, not replace it.

The powder has been designed to be nutritionally perfect in the sense that if you chose to you could use it as your only source of nutrition. I’m not sure on the granola, but the bars and RTD are not designed to be used as a sole source of nutrition. They are designed to be convenient alternatives to the powder when you are in a rush or haven’t prepared any powder or whatever. If you look at the nutritional profiles of both and work them out over 2000kcal you will see they aren’t designed for sole consumption.

Even if you were only referring to substituting one powdered Huel per day with RTD you have made that decision to use a product which inherently causes more waste than one you could have used and costs more per meal.

I currently buy bottled water because my tap water tastes crap. I am going to buy a water filter so I can achieve the same without going through loads of plastic bottles. There’s going to be a financial cost at the start but part of the decision is me taking responsibility for the amount of waste I create.

1 Like

I never suggested it would be anybody’s responsibility other then mine.

I didn’t know the RTD wasn’t the same nutritionally, thanks for that info.

1 Like