Previous Huel Use
I’ve been using powdered Huel on and off since 2015.
I like the taste of powdered Huel, especially when blended with frozen berries. However, I personally couldn’t handle having it replace lunch every day.
I’ve concluded that the main reason is the texture of it.
I’ve tried mixing it in a bottle, blending it, and a few different Huel-to-water ratios.
Blending with frozen berries is the better option, especially if left in the fridge overnight.
When I found out Huel had released a Ready-To-Drink version, I had to try it.
My thoughts on the two variants after drinking them at least once a day for a week.
Taste +++++ Texture +++++ value ++
Taste ++++ Texture +++++ value ++
- Tastes very good
- Excellent texture
- Regardless of plastic, still minimal environmental impact
- Even more convenient than regular Huel
- Excellent nutritional profile
- Bottle feels nice to hold and drink from (Good ergonomics)
- Only 500ml bottles available (400kcal). I’d love to see a 600kcal bottle
- Not very cost-efficient, even when buying larger quantities.
– Although it’s probably not possible, it would be great to see £2/bottle or the same price and a larger qty
- Vanilla is ever so slightly too sweet for me.
The texture and flavour is, in my opinion, better than original Huel.
The product feels very professional, and meets my expectations of Huel.
I’d love to see a higher calorie count in the bottles.
This is a meal replacement I could easily have once a day.
I believe there is a bright future in Huel RTD, and I can’t wait to see what they do next.
Thank you, Huel, for using DPD. I’ve always had an excellent experience with them.
Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can replicate the texture and flavour of the berry RTD using powered Huel?
Thanks for reading