Would you buy a 9kg BUCKET of Huel?

Thanks!i am glad to know that most of the time my english is good!

1 Like

Hmm ok so.

My mother tongue is welsh. Amusingly I couldn’t even speak English until I was 7 year

1 Like

So really didn’t mean to send this at this point!

It’s not something we would rule out. We’ve got a lot of stuff we’re working on at the moment so I wouldn’t be able to be more specific, but I agree it makes a lot of sense with RTD.

Thanks for the poll @airiartev, very interesting.

2 Likes

Any plans for the family/hueligan/larger version of huel with 2,5-3 kg? :smirk::smirk::smirk:

1 Like

A company called mana even offers family packs of 12kg for 179,40€. They just have two flavour options, though, with one being neutral. The limited flavour range seems to be a disadvantage of large bags…

their discount for doing this is 15.5% which seems much more what you would expect to be normal taking into account the reduction in packaging than Soylents 45% cut - especially given that Mana also use the same small bag format for their regular packaging as Soylent. (1 bag = 5 meals)

I know those MANA family pack and I did considered them, but I dont like the ingredients and I feel safer with Huel.

Its a pity because that family pack would be great

My whishlist

1. Huel Black UU :white_check_mark:

2. Sqrounds RTD :question:

3. New shaker design (sqround) :question:

4. Family packs :question:

not sure you’re ever going to get an efficient sqround shaker :slight_smile: but Shake Spheres squat, grenade like, appearance really get them a lot of good press - frequently placing them in top lists just behind BlenderBottle Pro’s. Nice material options too - plastic, plastic with window and double wall steel.

1 Like

There are also shakers with integrated USB-powered mixer, for example on amazon (where you can find almost everything). If you want to have a RTD-like texture.

Great write-up!

I can tell you that more people in 2020 where looking to buy in bulk than in 2019, according to a survey I did (n=800). Possibly this was driven by the fact that bulk = cheaper; but also because more people where at home, thus this was easier to manage/plan.

I voted that I would. My primary reason for having this much would mean that I would not need to order as much throughout the year and mean that I have a convenient way of transporting my Huel around with me for leisure as soon as I can once Covid-19 restrictons allow me to do this again. I don’t deny that the cost saving would be significant however I don’t buy bulk at the moment. I noticed some earlier conversation was around product degredation. I have been buying buckets of whey protein for years and never had an issue with product degredation especially when stored in a dark and dry cupboard.

yes - you kind of have to as its the UV radiation that this type of plastic is poor at blocking. Moisture and air it is fine with. its not just its UV barrier properties that are weak - the material itself starts breaking down quite quickly if left exposed to sunlight.

It makes sense… As the daily users of this kind of food increases, buying in bulk starts to be quite important. Having Huel as the 40% of a diet is expensive on the long term.

1 Like

I suppose it depends on what other foods you are replacing with Huel. A Huel meal is cheaper than a pre-bought lunch and an evening meal in a restaurant. But not as cheap as a homemade lentil curry with rice etc. if made for a family or for freezing.

1 Like

Yes. I find that confusing about Huel. I know they like (and should) to compare with premade food (which normally is crap and expensive) but as the fan base or regular users start to use Huel into their normal diet it starts to get expensive.

The key here is what food/category are you comparing Huel to.

Its a difficult call because now Huel is now getting into a sweet business spot, where regular users are starting to purchase again and again a profitable product for Huel, but some regular users (I dont know how many) are not buying more Huel because its price, and they would buy more for sure if they could.

Its like Huel and the regular users could stretch a new benefit margin somehow.

1 Like

Yes I guess if you were feeding a family of 4 on Huel as your only food it would start to look expensive. Thing is many people too up their regular meals with snacks that are expensive and unhealthy. Chocolate, crisps, cakes etc. I treat myself to snacks. .I just ate a packet of crisps. When I eat 100% huel I don’t snack and feel that £5 a day for my food is not bad. I don’t have to feed a family tho. If I did and it was costing me £20 a day for 4 or 140 a week I think it is expensive. Making home cooked fresh food for a family does make it cheaper per person.

At the end of the day, I am happy to pay the going price per meal for Huel. I like the products. I like the convenience. I like the thoughts behind the environmental impact and the openness of the company. Sure I’d prefer it to be cheaper but I have to be realistic here. The company needs to make a profit and in a consumer society we pay over the odds for many things.

5 Likes

I completely agree and I totally understand the goal of profit…

I think my perspective as a customer is weighing more than knowing that Huel teams have to make a living :grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

Perhaps it belongs to the company’s understanding of itself to be a premium product compared to other, similar products. There is a psychological effect which says that higher prices can sometimes even increase demand - if it fits into a good story line of being in another league regarding quality. Someone who wants to live on meal replacements but does not want to pay a high price has plenty of other choices, as there are lots of other companies offering meal replacements now. Perhaps Huel does not want to compete with them in their “league”, but attract a different customer type.
They seem to invest so much into marketing that I can’t imagine that their choices did not make perfect sense from a business perspective.

Yeah. If Soylent had a powder version of their plain RTD, I’d buy 9kg of that.

1 Like